Maybe some of the prologue :-)

Maybe some of the prologue :-)

A Chapter by Amanda J. S.
"

We are introduced to the two main characters.

"

The day I died. 

The day he said goodbye,

That was the day I died.

I know I won’t take another breath,

Not while knowing what I’m standing for.

Not while I know what I’m worth.


I lie down my pen, sobbing. Why can’t I just accept the past and not be ashamed? Why can’t I just forget? It has been two years, for God’s sake. 

“Tessa?”

My mother enters my room without knocking, as usual. She looks worried. She always does. She fears I will do something to myself. She worries so much that she has decided to “get me some real help” as she calls it. This, in her world, equals in dropping me off on a mental hospital in Canada.  

Frustrating? yes. But understandable? decidedly: I sometimes, too, fear what I’ll do to myself. It frightens me when my gaze lingers a little longer than needed on the razor in the shower. It really does.

“Are you okay, Honey?” She perches at the end of my bed, laying her hand on my shaking knee as to give me a little comfort. 

Suddenly becoming aware that I am only wearing a tank top and a pair of shorts, I hurry to cover myself up with a blanket, making my little notebook fall to the floor.

“Mom,” I begin, studying my chubby arms. “I’m sorry, but you know I don’t like it when people touch me.” 

“Yeah, Honey, I know. I just forget sometimes.” Out of the conner of my eye I spot a tear running down her cheek. “Have you remembered taking your pills?” she asks while reaching out to roll op the curtains. When the sun embraces the crammed room, I flinch. I don’t know why I always do that. Maybe I’ve just gotten used to it being dark outside. I usually first wake up around three in the afternoon, and even then I usually leave the curtains down. That’s just how I tend to like it.

After not getting an answer, my mother gets to her feet. “How long will it take for you to get ready?”

I think about it for a while. “Half an hour. I showered last night.”

“Good. Then we’ll reach the airport just in time.” She opens the door, and in comes Toffee, our lazy, old cat. He jumps up into my lab, purring loudly. I nuzzle his little ears, enjoying the distraction and the soft feel of his fur. Maybe if I could just stay like this forever, life wouldn’t seem so hard. Maybe I wouldn’t always have to live op to my own expectations. 

I have missed Cassie a lot lately. 

Missed her scent, her blond curls, and, most of all, her sweet smile. 

It has been three years since her accident, and two a half since they locked me up in this place, believing I was the once who caused it. As if I could ever have done such a thing to her. As If I could ever have robbed her of her life. No, I wouldn’t have done that, not even in my worst moment. And yes, I don’t exactly know what really happened that night, but I just know that I would never have harmed her in any possible way. I did, and still do, love her with all my heart. 

It knocks on the door. “Rob? Are you still asleep?” nurse Alma’s voice sounds.

I let go of the bars keeping me apart from the outside world, my gaze slipping from the moderately fetching view to the depressingly handleless door. “Yes, I am still asleep.” I remark, my voice just as snarky as I want it to be. 

“Robbie�"” Alma hesitates, it sounds. “Can’t you at least try to be a little nicer?” 

“Maybe if you’d at least consider giving me a decent room.” I know how Alma always stares at me. I have noticed how she always pours me more food than the others. She began doing that a year ago, after she accidentally walked into my cell while I was changing. 

“You know I can’t do that. Even if I wanted to.” her voice is strained. “But you are not a good influence on the others. You know that. They are way too vulnerable�"”

“Is that what you call it now a days?” I interrupt.“vulnerable?”

“Rob...”

I don’t answer her. 

“If it helps anything, we are having your favorite meal for dinner.”

“And I guess you were the one to arrange that?”

Her answer first comes after a while, a little frailly. “You know this is one of the reasons the doctors aren’t letting you go, right?” Quick sounds of footsteps follows her question, and I am left alone with my thoughts.










© 2012 Amanda J. S.


Author's Note

Amanda J. S.
What do you think? :-)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its bit boring U sholud do something with the pace

Posted 11 Years Ago


I agree, this is really interesting!!I really wanna know what's gonna happen next!Nice work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


fine

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ooooo this is a awesome beginning I wanna read more!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Amanda J. S.

11 Years Ago

Thank you!! :-D
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

Your welcome!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 21, 2012
Last Updated on November 21, 2012


Author

Amanda J. S.
Amanda J. S.

Writersville, Denmark



About
Hello, lovely people of Wristerscafe.org! I am a sixteen-year-old girl from Denmark, and my name is Amanda :-) I began writing about one and a half year ago, and a day hasn't gone by without me .. more..

Writing
untitled. untitled.

A Story by Amanda J. S.