Shot

Shot

A Story by Amanda Goodman

She lost it all; in one night everything vanished but she didn't understand. She couldnt comprehend what just happened to her. Shes only 8 yet she has been through hell. Her name is Everly Morris, she wirnessed the greatest horror.
Late October, 2004, it was night time. The sky was dark and the air crisp, the night was deafening silent. The streets were empty and the lights flickered. The wind lightly blew and rustled the leaves on the trees which sent a shiver running down my spine. I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach telling me I was iinn danger, like I should run faster then my feet should allow. I pulled out my phone to call my older brother because though only 8 I still know when im in troubl anresponsealarm was going crazy.
"hello?"
"Jeremy, I need you to listen. I'm on my way back from Allisons and eres this-"
interrupted he says "Everly you're 3 hours late. Get your a*s home right now."
"thats what in trying to do! Jeremy I think theres someone following me"
"alright, I'll come get you. I'll have to take my bike Lindsay has the car. where are you?"
"I'm on Randall" he hung up the phone and I continued down the sidewalk hands in my pocket hood on. I sped up the pace walking faster and faster. Suddenly I heard foot steps following behind me. I wanted to turn around and see if he was there but all I did was call out "jeremy? are you there?" no reply. Before my brain could register what was happening I was running. I didnt stop and I never looked back. I kept running, faster. I closed my eyes for a split second and when I opened them I saw jeremy. He dropped his bike and took a few steps forward. I ran into his arms, he hugged me tight. He looked up and he told me to go behind him. A dark shillohuett appeared from the street lights. "who are you?" jeremy called; no response. The figure reached for his side and pulled out what appeared to be a gun.
"you die or you hand her over. pick, your life or hers." he called out to jeremy.
"Everly when I say run...run. Dont stop running until you're home"
"jeremy...?" I said looking up to his face "im scared"
"I know everly, now run. I love you everly. I love yo-" he was cut off by 3bullets exploding. He fell to the ground and I ran.
Tears clouded my eyes but I knew I had to keep running. I swung the door open and my parents came into the door frame.
"Everly, whats the matter?"
"mommy daddy...This man was following me and shot Jeremy!" Lindsay came in the door right after I said that.
"move brat." Lindsay said. "dude you all look like you've seen a ghost"
"mommy...is Jeremy dead?"
"I dont know. lets call the cops." she said to me. "John call the cops."
"whats going on?" Lindsay asked.
"your brother was shot.

THREE DAYS LATER:
At the funeral she looked at the casket "mommy..." she said crying looking at her mother who had tears streaming down her face. "jeremys not dead you know, hes watching over me hes m gaurdian angel." She began crying harder and so did her mother. "Hes your angel" she said.

© 2013 Amanda Goodman


Author's Note

Amanda Goodman
sorry for any errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on August 13, 2013
Last Updated on August 13, 2013
Tags: shot, guns, death, brother, stalking, hero, young, teen, love, family

Author

Amanda Goodman
Amanda Goodman

houston, TX



About
im amanda im 16 :) more..

Writing
Empty Empty

A Poem by Amanda Goodman