An intro to universal religion

An intro to universal religion

A Story by Avidya
"

We tend to lose true spirituality in religions because we put too much emphasis on rituals instead of direct seeing through our everyday experience.

"

We worship things not worthy of worship or worship the wrong way, as the act of worship itself if not guarded by wisdom gets us away from the object of adoration. The behaviour looses its spiritual fuel. What was supposed to be transmundane becomes supremely mundane. The immaterial becomes gross with materialism. The abstract becomes matter, then matter is believed to have the same properties as the abstract, which of course it doesn't. When giving names to forms gets out of control, ignorance breeds in. An active or passive form of nescience which hinders the possibility of considering an infinite number of possibilities in an ever changing reality. By abstracting we divide, by dividing we choose, by choosing we ignore, by ignoring we suffer. Discernment has to occur without any dividing. Ignorance can only be won over through the denial of knowledge. The practical aspect of the ideas is to get rid of every preconceived notion, prejudice, plan, concept and based our experience on pure empirical observation, through observing we do not choose, by not choosing we do not divide, by not dividing, we "know" and by "knowing", we do not suffer.

© 2016 Avidya


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great piece, gave a lot to think about, please keep posting your writing!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
1 Review
Added on September 16, 2016
Last Updated on September 16, 2016

Author

Avidya
Avidya

Purchase, NY



About
Writer interested in the human mind, its possibilities, its limits and its place in the world we live in today. more..

Writing