Burning Remains

Burning Remains

A Poem by Amber Elaine Marshall
"

A poem about letting go and holding on all at once

"
Sorrowful and somber for the hearts loss.
What once was now behind me as the beginning of a new day arrives.
Still I look back to see the trail of tears like traces of sparks ran through the stubble.
The flames extinguished by the futures flow disappointed that the wind had stopped, preventing it from burning out of control.
As I gaze upon the charred remains I cant't help but hope deep down that somewhere the flame still rages.
Black and tarnished bits of rubble seen, brilliant new shine of what had been is the picture still playing through my mind.
Destroyed ruins of past discarded.
Urges to try to fix the rubbish.
Present day tragedy.
Past cherished reminders of what had been.
As the fire had grown wild it burned intensely radiating heat, it was unforeseen that it were to smolder at our feet.
Yet I look among the dying embers to see a world in pieces, only to picture the image of the whimsical grandeur sight that once existed.
Woe the flames consumed it all leaving nothing to ignite nor parish as it faded with the night.

© 2013 Amber Elaine Marshall


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like this, though it would be way more pretty if presented in poetic form instead of prose form, what do you think?

Posted 12 Years Ago


You say that you love Edgar Allan Poe. I think he himself would tell you how good this is.

Posted 13 Years Ago


As the Phoenix rises through the ashes
so to does a new life a fresh start, in which
only you can decide. An amazing write.


Posted 13 Years Ago


I love how you present the simple imagery in prose of how life goes on, the past is behind, and how we learn from memories of our past.

I am going to somehow make the time to read all of your pieces.

Crow

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

863 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 15, 2010
Last Updated on February 14, 2013
Tags: Sorrow, goodbye, memories

Author

Amber Elaine Marshall
Amber Elaine Marshall

Stockton, CA



About
I'm a single mother of two wild little boys.I grew up in a rough town and had a tough childhood, I am the product of a broken home and my father was an hardcore drug user. I have become a strong pers.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..