Together In life and Death ?

Together In life and Death ?

A Story by Ambereen
"

This story depicts how misunderstanding can spoil relationships and how time may not give you a chance to mend them too.This is my first attempt at story too so feel free to correct .

"

Life had come a full circle for Andrew and Simon. Just a few years ago they had lost their parents in a car mishap that incident had left a deep impact on Simon’s mind. Being the younger one and the most spoiled he could not come to terms with the sudden lose. It was Andrew then, who acted like a father figure to his little brother helping him get out of the ordeal.

Today, they lived a life that every one dreams to have. A plush and lavish mansion facing the Arabian Sea in Mumbai, cars and servants they had it all .The duo had taken over their ancestral business after the demise of their parents. In the recent few years the business grew by leaps and bounds. They were well known in the industry. Their company was top rated and their credibility was sworn by.

One such morning when they were getting ready for work an incident occurred that changed their lives for good. The telephone rang aloud the drawing room the maid of the house received it. “Hello “the voice said “May I please speak to Andrew sir, It’s an emergency.” “One moment Sir, I shall transfer the line”

Andrew was in his bedroom getting dressed to head to work. The phone in his bedroom rang. With one hand fidgeting with his tie he held the phone with the other.”Yes who is this?” “This is Matthew the manager sir, could you please come to office as soon as possible  its an emergency “

“Yes most certainly, I shall see you in a short while from now.” All the while in the car he wondered what went wrong. I hope it’s not a major one he thought .As soon as he entered the company premises he absent mindedly he handed the keys to security guard for him to park the car. He headed straight to his cubicle where the manger was waiting patiently for him “ The company has suffered a major loss due to misappropriation of fund , we are doomed “

Circumstances made Him BELIEVE that the fraud was committed by his own brother Simon. Without letting him clarify his stand Andrew broke his partnership and all his ties with his brother. Quietly Simon packed his bags and left home to start a new journey  . Yes the acquisitive things had come between two  brothers .

Years passed by . One day Simon who was just back from work received  a letter  Yes it had come from the “ City of dreams Mumbai “ Something about the dispatch made Simon resistant to tear it open . With his hands shivering his heart pounding he torn it open it read

Dear Simon ,

                  I know things are not the same any longer . You may even loathe to hear my name but I have confessions to make   . I  apologize for not having given you a chance to clarify your stand , I have come to realize you were innocent  . My ego had stopped me from saying a sorry  to you . But today as I lie on my death bed I just had to relieve my heart from this burden. Yes misunderstanding are a part of all relationships but to sit down and talk it over would have done u s good . I am sorry to have let trivial things like money come in between our love.

       Hope to see you in Paradise

Your Guilty Brother,

Andrew.

Simon had tears rolling down his eyes  , the least he could do now was pray for his soul and forgive and forget the bygones .

© 2013 Ambereen


Author's Note

Ambereen
confessions, delay, sad, relationships, misunderstandings

Just wanted to say life does not always give you a second chance . So grab the moment say I love you , say a sorry if you mean it .

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a well written story, but could have a lot more potential if it were long and had more development! But a beautiful theme!

Posted 11 Years Ago


A powerful and sad story. Some decisions come back and haunt us. I like the way you led me to the surprise ending. Thank you for the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Well Ambereen,

Your story needs to be read by the whole world. So often snap judgements and decisions create devastating consequences: divorce; families divided; children abandoned;fortunes lost and business bankrupt; wars started; and people killed.

Your story is well thought out and written. It's true and has life. Intrigue: "It's an emergency." grabs our attention and we're in the car speeding to the office.

There are a few grammar issues but other than that: great job. And thanks for the advice. We all need reminded now and then of how fortunate we are to have family and how important it is to "Do no harm."

Thank you for sharing this well crafted story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ambereen

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the review and check the errors ...but i will let you know something its a true story ..... read more
CecilA

11 Years Ago

How sad. My mother-in-law and her sister, Mary, had an argument several years ago and haven't spoken.. read more
Awesome Impressive work. Enjoyed it immensely.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Amazing. Filled with emotion
I love it

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ambereen

11 Years Ago

thank you !
I just love this touching write. Sad that people do not realise what they have till it's too late. I am waiting for one such 'sorry' too. I pray that all turns out well. 100/100 to you for penning such a beautiful story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ambereen

11 Years Ago

I hope the sorry comes to you soon ! Stay blessed ! Thank you for stopping by to read !

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2013
Last Updated on January 26, 2013
Tags: death, love, misunderstanding, brothers, repentence

Author

Ambereen
Ambereen

India



About
A Novice to poetry and a Chartered Accountant by profession . Recently i Stumbled on the fact that i could write a few lines with ease . So here i am, i would love all suggestions and reviews from .. more..

Writing
Love Love

A Poem by Ambereen


untitled untitled

A Poem by Ambereen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Clown The Clown

A Story by Jack...


SOLITUDE SOLITUDE

A Poem by Ambereen