Something Of

Something Of

A Poem by ambur

 

You're some thing of propaganda, some thing she wishes to toss out.

She wants to call you a mistake, but she knows she's better off:

Words can only hurt those who take them to heart; he hasn't one.

 

You're some thing of a need, some thing she wishes to simply shake off.

She wants to call you a bittersweet story, but she knows she's wrong:

Words can only hurt those who take them to mind; his: non-functional.

 

You're some thing of a forgotten lyric, some thing she wishes to wash away

She wants to call you an unfortunate craving, but she knows she's lying, now:

Words can only hurt those who take them to soul; his is lost out there.

 

You're some thing of a long search, some thing she wishes to treasure.

She wants to call you her equal, but she knows she's stepping the line:

Words can only hurt those who take them to spirit; he can't see his.

 

You're some thing of an askew picture, some thing she wishes to take down.

She wants to call you hers, but she knows she'll never get it back:

Words can only hurt those who take them at all; he ignored every one.

 

© 2008 ambur


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Um, what? This doesn’t have enough reviews! This is great! Just the way everything is perfectly worded... wow.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think this is great - something of perspective gained from sorting out all the emotions, all the pain and all the slop....

Read your bio - love the picture on the tracks and thought you were probably just perfect until I saw you didn't dance..... gotta dance.... not always well.... but gotta dance..... but then again you write well enough to maybe pass on dancing....ok....

Kath

Posted 16 Years Ago


this is one of my favorite poems i've read in a very long time. i love the parallelism, and the emotion involved in the metaphor.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 26, 2008
Last Updated on April 26, 2008

Author

ambur
ambur

DC



About
I'm alright in bed, but I'm better with a pen... I am the voice inside your head That you listen for with pleasure. more..

Writing
Heavy Heavy

A Poem by ambur


Slowly Slowly

A Poem by ambur


Untitled 5 Untitled 5

A Poem by ambur