Love Flew Away

Love Flew Away

A Poem by amdc101

Love Flew Away


Our love is gone

It flew away

When you ran out the door

Leaving me to eat your dust

And drink my tears

And live with nothing

But my fears

© 2011 amdc101


Author's Note

amdc101
Ok, this poem is not from personal experience. Just something that flowed out of my pen; I'm sure you fellow writers can relate to that.
I was playing with relaying the feelings through the font. I think that that usually should come from your words, but this was just anexperiment. The bolder lines are the ones more full of anger, but the others are merely sadness, the person breaking, weeping. What do you think?

(If you can't tell, it's an egret in the pic, It was the only bird I had a picture of)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

short and sweet. i like the simplicity of saying something with few words..

For me changing size, style and boldness of the font doesn't change the way i read something... the word either resonate with me or they don't.

That is just my opinion and not at all a criticism of the work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
Wow. Very nice. Keep writing!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


leaves a person to ponder
nice work


Posted 12 Years Ago


Very simple yet trailing in our wake. It leaves me a little curious and wishing I could feel more like she is.
"To eat your dust, and drink my tears" was my favorite part, deffinetly.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can relate, this was wonderful. I liked the different font sizes it worked well in this. I also liked that some were bold, this was beautiful and so sad, but so wonderfully written.
♥ Ta'Shandra

Posted 12 Years Ago


The playing around with the structure and font worked to your benefit I believe, and is easily the best aspect of the poem. Although I'm not a fan of exploiting font to create mood and atmosphere (this should come from your words, not by clicking on bold or italics) it works well here. Now I move onto the content of the poem. It's very stereotypical of these broken heart poems, and isn't anything new by any stretch of the imagination. The line 'leaving me to eat your dust' just seems very obnoxious and strange to me. I know you just wrote this without much thought, but I'm judging it as a poem regardless. The eating and drinking motif is quite cool, but I feel it could have been used to much better effect.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aww... Such a beautiful poem. So sad. :( We can relate to this poem. It is a good thing your pen kept writing because I loved this! :) Very good job! Keep on writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

366 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 23, 2011
Last Updated on August 24, 2011

Author

amdc101
amdc101

CT



About
I love writing, all different genres-send me read requests and I'll read as much as I can. Message me about groups and stuff... Anything else? I don't know, check out my writing! more..

Writing
NIght NIght

A Poem by amdc101


Handlebars Handlebars

A Poem by amdc101



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dark Secrets Dark Secrets

A Poem by Legacy