Why You Should Never Look At Accidents

Why You Should Never Look At Accidents

A Story by Amelia Allen
"

Never look at accidents. Or else something very bad will happen.

"

He drove on down the highway, glancing out the window to his left, when he collided with the car in front of him, both vehicles disintegrating into smithereens. 

He rolled out of the wreckage, feeling an immense amount of pressure on his arm, when it fell off. 

He sighed, wishing that hadn’t happened in front of all these people. “Man. I wish that hadn’t happened in front of all these people,” he said. 

“Hey dude, you okay?” the man he’d run into asked, holding his head up on his shoulders. 

“Yeah. You?”

He shrugged. “Eh.”

Across the divider, where drivers were headed northbound, cars had slowed to a stop to stare at them in awe. 

“Look, nothing to see here,” he said, waving them on with the arm that was still attached  as the other guy called an ambulance. 

But they refused to listen. They continued to gawk at the armless and headless men. 

“Please keep moving. This is all really very embarrassing for me.”

As if he hadn’t said anything, they continued to stare. 

“Kindly keep moving? I’d prefer no one saw me like this. There’s blood everywhere. And I might have pooped my pants.”

He sighed when everyone remained where they were. 

Two miles away, impatiently sitting in bumper to bumper traffic, a talented young writer was eager to get to her loving boyfriend, whom she hadn’t seen in a week. But because she was so infuriated from being in traffic as long as she had, she exploded. And when the world lost such an amazing person, it exploded. And that’s why you should never look at accidents.

© 2014 Amelia Allen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

yeah quite quirky but funny!! the quirkier, the funnier I always say.
well done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fantastic, I hate how rubber neckers back up the highway. Funny story

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amelia Allen

9 Years Ago

Thanks man! And I know, right??
probably the best thing ever. 9/10

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amelia Allen

9 Years Ago

Haha thanks dude! That's awesome :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 3, 2014
Last Updated on May 3, 2014
Tags: short story, silly, funny, quirky, accidents, explosion

Author

Amelia Allen
Amelia Allen

About
Self-published author and blogger who is witty, funny, and wonderful. more..