A Portrait of Young Love

A Portrait of Young Love

A Story by Amelia Ross

When I was younger and in love for the first time in my life, it was like the entire world was a flower, blossoming. A flower that had never seen the sunlight. The years before that my existence had been dormant and now I could feel.. I never cried before I fell in love. The world had a new beauty which I had never seen before. I became intrigued about the stars and the sky and by bodies and eyes and facial expressions. I began to read books which touched me, I watched films which sparked something within me and I began to look at and create art, they all made me feel where I once felt nothing. I began to take interest in learning and becoming a person.

I guess that is what’s bad about falling in love at the age of thirteen. It’s true what they say; you’re not old enough or mature enough at such a young age to understand the emotion and it’s complexity… hell I probably still am not old enough (is anyone?). It made me crazy to live, I lived louder and more outrageously than anyone I knew, I was overwhelmed by all this emotion. It ran through my veins, I became psychotic, it consumed me. Going from a child into a teenager in love, what a terrifying shift in mentality.

© 2012 Amelia Ross


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great work, brought me back to the big 13 when i fell in love to. You made great points, ones i never even thought of till now. i never cried, or at least deeply for reason untill after i fell in love, which is when movies i thought were sappy became something i rewinded to watch again...
great work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


That is one of the more solid truths about being human. I like the way you compare it to a flower. We all have been there at one point or another. Great work

Posted 11 Years Ago


first love is never forgetable. although it happens at very early age, it stays in mind for ever. i have really enjoyed this nice writing, only if you can make the font little larger....

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
3 Reviews
Added on May 19, 2012
Last Updated on May 19, 2012

Author

Amelia Ross
Amelia Ross

Australia



About
The beige coloured glasses of a female adolescent more..

Writing