Early Childhood Psychosocial Development

Early Childhood Psychosocial Development

A Story by ameliawatson
"

Early Childhood Psychosocial Development

"

The theories of psychoanalysis and epigenetics support the fact that genetics plays a more crucial role in psychosocial development than the rest of the theories that defend the idea that children learn to be gender-stereotyped through the families and the society. There is a common observation that there are more male engineers, physicists and pilots than female ones due to the genetic make-up and biological development that make male brain understand and pursue those careers. Some researchers attribute this to the small corpus callosum connecting the two hemispheres of the brain. This enables men to concentrate more on one thing at a time and helps them to excel in careers that require meticulous attention to details.

This observation can occur due to societies biases that requires boys to pursue careers that are seen to be more masculine in their nature. For this reason, every society does not allow men to have freedom to choose other careers. The societies’ perspective also discourages women from opting for careers that are considered masculine.

Girls play in small groups often with one or two friends while boys play in large and less intimate groups. Due to their genetic and biological makeup, girls are more emotional, which is the reason they develop emotional attachment fast. Boys, on the other hand, are less emotional and pick friends for the present need. If it is a game, they pick all the people they need without considering anything else. For all that, this cannot be said to be strictly biological or genetic. It is possible that girls learn to behave like this from other girls in the society and so do the boys.

Five-year-old children are seen to choose sex-linked occupation even when their parents support the opposite. This is probably the biggest expression of genetics at work. Biology directs what a person grows to be. Others claim that such choice is not typical of all children. It is also possible that children learn to select sex-linked occupations and behave in accordance with their rules, imitating the experience of other people apart from their parents.

© 2021 ameliawatson


Author's Note

ameliawatson
Amelia Watson is an editor. She started her career writing blogposts. Now Amelia works at https://dissertationmasters.com/motivation-letter-writing-service.html This company has years of experience writing original papers.They have the people to produce what you need no matter what kind of assignment you need. She started her career writing blogposts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on June 1, 2021
Last Updated on June 1, 2021
Tags: writing, education, childhood

Author