too deep to fathom

too deep to fathom

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

Inspired by Frieda's SAY SOMETHING it isn't that simple, or is it?

"
The chasm
between
what I want
to feel
and what my
heart will allow
to be real,
the wound
I need you
to heal but
won't reseal
                        
                         is too deep

                                 to fathom.






© 2016 Lyn Anderson


Author's Note

Lyn Anderson

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sometimes it's not perfect, but you take as much as you can get.
Love the concept here. We settle, because you never get 3 out of 3 do you?
That's like winning the love lottery. I don't have time for that kind of hide and seek.
Another brilliant one from you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

ha, yes, that is why this song still resonates after all these years
Very clever use of the words.

Trace

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your review
Wow that Frieda is one influential poet… I like this little poem… once our heart has been shattered we will never find all the pieces to put it completely together, just hope we can find someone who fills the crake in perfectly.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Frieda is much more than that, but yes, her poems often resonate with me. Yes, I suppose so, fill th.. read more
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

Well you two make a scary combination, LOL Like the Thelma and Louise of poetry :)
Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Oh, I love that, yes, I actually wrote one for Frieda with that pic on it.
Ok so now Frieda is your psychotherapist? And here is me thinking she is my social worker lol. This is like all you tight and emotional pieces, expressive and powerful and flowing in great free verse.

Posted 9 Years Ago


John Alexander McFadyen

9 Years Ago

Sporrans are not made of tartan my lady, leather or fur (bunny excluded).
Frieda P

9 Years Ago

What do I know, I'm Italian....haha
John Alexander McFadyen

9 Years Ago

God how I love to eat italian! Pasta, pizza etc yummy!
How many tims I have opened my mouth only to be encountered by looks of dissatisfaction or a near "shut the... " and then I instantly reply with great surprise "What did I say?" . I have very few social skills and that whole "you must do this to obtain this" game while my better half is a master at it. So by enlarge I just keep quiet and do a lot of nodding and she says " Is just you, who you are" and there is more but I just continue to accept whatI have been given and try to make better. In this heartfelt lines there is that part which says "what I want to feel" so intricate that is and then "what is allowed to be real" makes it even enticing.

I revel in that mystery and the nodding that comes with it.

Thankyou





Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Well, thank you, I appreciate it. This struck a chord with me when I read Frieda's piece.
Wow I felt this one hon, I think it is simple, just not easy, there's a difference, great song too. x

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

I know, eh? The song still stops me in my tracks after all these years.
Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Yep, this is one of those that is still affecting when I hear it....

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

411 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 9, 2014
Last Updated on September 30, 2016
Tags: love, anxious, worried, truth, words


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..