what we say

what we say

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

sometimes what we say isn't what we do

"
your eyes
say one thing
your lips,
another.

mine too.

neither of us
can face
what it
would mean

to let the
two bleed
into each
other.

synchronicity denied.



© 2017 Lyn Anderson


Author's Note

Lyn Anderson

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ha. I love the last line... Denied indeed. The thing is KL, even when we really are saying what we feel and feeling what we say, the observer will always put a spin on what they see as well as what they hear as to distort any hope of perfect synchronization. Only when there is a pure trust will we believe and choose to see what we heard, because we already know who the speaker is within their depths...
I like this little bit of sarcasm.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you, glad to see you again.
Have to fight, my impulse to sigh, at the truth, written before me, but I can't. I have been there, with a close love one, who's eyes, spoke of fear and shame, while denying it, to my face. As pain digs deep, into my soul, every second, I'm around them. Thank you, KL, for putting these experience, into an elegant poem, for us, to share.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your insights and your review.
therisa

9 Years Ago

Your welcome, KL. I hope things, get better for you.
as writers we put our hearts and souls into what we write.. we bleed those words.. they are us, we are them.. and I have never put faith in what other people say.. always been a head scratching situation for me.. chalk it up to trust issues, knowing too many manipulative people, or those who carelessly throw words around like "I love you", but their actions prove otherwise.. this is one time I agree with the cliche---actions speak louder than words.. of course a few other quotes come to mind as well.. it isn't what you say or do, it is how you make them feel.. another lovely piece that speaks truth.. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much. I know you understand where I am coming from.
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

you're more than welcome, and unfortunately, I certainly do..
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
This right here brings a new meaning to a relatively new term in IT and the world of electrostatic impulses .To not be in sync, jesus! if your phone isn't what a drag, but what happens when two destinies aren't in sync? No synchronicity. So is not that the wrong emotions are present is just that they are out of phase.

Quantum love maybe?

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Who knows, Rene. Some days I float and flounder, and some days I fly. The nature of it is uncertaint.. read more
This put me in mind of that famous quote: “Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.” -- John Greenleaf Whittier

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Yes, and the staple of poetry for hundreds of years has been unrequited love.:)
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

Hasn't that always been the case?
What we say and what we do don't always match. I always go by the action but perhaps with enough dancing around each other you will find the synchronicity that I think you crave.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Perhaps, who knows. As always, no one knows the future.
The point where there is no point but neither will call a halt to matters. Perhaps the expectation has been too harsh too quickly and maybe given the antecedents going with the flow and the adiction would have done?

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Who knows, thoughts go where they go, and I don't argue with the muse, especially when she is in a s.. read more
another poem about holding back...oh but those lips are silently pleading....
hoping they can give what the eyes wish...the love is there in the garden if only we can nurture it....with a letting go of emotion and trust.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Yes, there is a lot of that, holding back, thank you.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tim
Makes me wonder if they'll ever let the two bleed into each other. I suppose it's how you look at it. but I feel the sadness within the poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Most definitely, there is sadness, and longing, and a whole host of other things ... thank you for t.. read more
Tim

9 Years Ago

Always a pleasure to read good poetry, you're welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 4, 2014
Last Updated on January 6, 2017
Tags: love, wondering, future, real


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..