"Checked out"

"Checked out"

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

Inspired by comments by Neil Aranda -- thank you

"
                   
                    There are some places
                    you can check in ...
   

It wasn't a ring
that bound me,
nor a signatory stain.

It should have been love.
instead,
it was lies and lust
coated in pain.

a labyrinth of rooms,
doors to confound me
opening into my sane.

It was only dining
on the beast
that I was able to
break the chain.




                    but many,
                    never check out
 


© 2017 Lyn Anderson


Author's Note

Lyn Anderson
Everywhere, people are attempting to flee abusive relationships.
Some never check out. Thanks to Neil Aranda for inspiring me
to make the connection to one of my favourite lyrics of all time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

KL, you bring such powerful memories and images forth, elicit emotion beyond our comfort zone....Great writing. Abusers need to check themselves out to go get help. Help is available, if they'd just put their egos away long enough to realize there are better, kinder, gentler ways of functioning in society.

The innocent and vulnerable need to be protected and strengthened to withstand the beast and 'check out', themselves...but often they are just too weak and too beaten down and downtrodden to even ask for help. Great write, my friend. I'm so happy you pulled yourself out of that sad relationship..

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your very thoughtful review.
Hello my new friend! This is the second piece i've read of yours and both involved eating what otherwise you wouldn't consider for dinner. First the dragon and now the beast! ha ha I love it though. Once you "eat" something you are certainly putting an end to it aren't you? The details and specifics of it are messy even horrible, but you finish the meal, wipe your mouth, get up from the table, and move on with your life. Well done KL!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you, I appreciate it.
Don't fear a coward. That's exactly what a person is who hits on a woman, a coward. That coward is more afraid of the female leaving him all alone. LADIES!!!! DO NOT FEAR A COWARD!!!!!!!! Good work KL.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your passion and support.
one of my friends has been in this type of relationship for so many years...she keeps talking about getting out...but refuses to actually dine with the beast...she gives a list of excuses.

and if only she would make the move...there might be room for dessert and actual love.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

If it might help feel free to share my poems or stories.
I like the fact that events come to you KL and you take them in some revel in oblivious and when a collegue in arms says something you go Hmmm let me do the KL thing on this. This writing a quasi warning as truly if you see the signs of any abuse towards you is time for change. Any attempt to fall asleep to this warning may be costly it doesn't matter in which realm of life that maybe. The dining on the beat part KL made me laught not sure if because I got a little nervous or becuase my tendency to playwright everything I saw you sitting down enjoying his inner bits.

A lot of creativity pured into this writing.

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you I love your reviews.
your so right some just never check out of these abusive relationships ...their attempts are in vain to leave ...perfect song to match your write...well done!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your review. I am happy this piece resonates.
Wow! I think this might be my favorite of yours. Really excellent write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you, I appreciate that very much.
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

You're very welcome.
We sing Hotel California at work as we know we are cursed and never able to leave, the words you just cant kill the beast sum it well. Good write

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and reviewing.
As I read this Hotel California came into my mind. My favourite band oif all time! So you really painted it well. It is a little deeper than normal for you?

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

A little deeper? No. A little less straight forward, yes. I do have a lot of those too. You forget I.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 9, 2014
Last Updated on January 15, 2017
Tags: divorced, hell, separation, abuse, done


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Crimson Moon. Crimson Moon.

A Poem by ANM