on pity and addiction

on pity and addiction

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

parting thoughts on the saga of deception and plagiarism

"

I always did kind of feel sorry when they sang "ding dong the witch is dead" * even while I smiled.


* Quote from "The Wizard of Oz"

Enabling
Enable the man and
Call yourself forgiving
Rely on your high horse stand,
Dazzlingly magnanimous living.

Don't just hand the man a fresh needle,
Make sure you inject his favourite poison,
And call yourself clean.



He said my words spoke to him. He didn't bother to tell me he was a ventriloquist.



I am a harsh woman.

I do not agree

he deserves our understanding --
pity the thief
embrace the plagiarist
invite him in for tea;
a special kind of flattery.
wrap yourself in his cellophane lies
pretend he's a woman
pretend he's a man
lipshtick on a pig
his actions are still
porcine.




© 2018 Lyn Anderson


Author's Note

Lyn Anderson
Enough said, for now. The plagiarist has had his account closed by administration. I.d.s he created still remain open. It remains to be seen if he is still here lurking or will return. There are people who believe I was cruel in my attacks, and helping to lead a campaign to oust the plagiarist from our midst was unnecessary, that in fact I am an unsympathetic person disturbing the peace and harmony of the cafe'. There is no peace and harmony with a plagiarist and a liar. I will continue to watch and wait. If he returns, or anyone like him enters, I will take up the torch again.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

My poems are part of me. Some are very very personal.
When I found them on various Internet sites posted under someone else's name, it really hurt that someone was passing some of my life experiences off as their own. It hurt a lot. I know all the others that it happened to felt hurt and angry too. We didn't start accusing without proof, for anyone that is wondering. We had proof. Lots.
I don't wish ill on anyone, but this man is not welcome here. Anyone that thinks that it is ok to let him back in to steal from us is clearly not thinking straight.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matching Socks

9 Years Ago

You've got a lot of people behind you on this one.
Jon Roggie

9 Years Ago

I can only agree. Well said, and well done.
Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you, I appreciate it.



Reviews

well spoken and a fair conclusion...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you. You are gracious and wise. I know you would have really warned me if you had known.
I don't pretend to understand how anyone of us would choose to have the copying, codifying rat in our midst rather than a watchdog on alert. Yes, one is silent and insidious, while the other is busily sounding the alarm to wake everyone up. But, this slimemold is slithering around in the shadows running through people's libraries, stealing their words, passing works off as his own. Would these same people be silent if a true rat or two were living in their house, spreading contagion and disease? I think not. There is a reason why the pest control companies are kept in business. Bring on the spray, Baby!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks, I appreciate it. The "enemies" I made in taking up this fight were the kind of people who be.. read more
Bright Ocean Star

9 Years Ago

Well, they don't matter then, do they? :)
Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Absolutely not. P.S. CVG is back as one of his fake ids. I will PM
Well I just came back from a place where my writing Self got a good battering. As I shake my shoulders I have said it a million times and I will say it again. For those who have no respect for writing, those who think that this is a good site to wast time because there is nothing left in life, and over all for those who do not have the method for how to cope. Then use all that to create and share it with us. That's what some of us do. There are so many other sites for the behaviours exposed on this writing. Go there and make yourselves happy.

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Yes exactly. This is a writer's site first and foremost. We aren't here to play social workers to de.. read more
I should have published the poem I wrote, "Rats In Our Kitchen" a few weeks ago, but thought too much since at the time there didn't seem to be a lot of poets who wanted to do something. I was wrong... seems a brave woman did the right thing...thanks KL, you did good. And this "parting shot" is right on the mark... ~~redzone

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

I thoughts what that poem was about. Thanks. Some people think not but sticks and stones.
i have one word for any plagiarist trying to be on a poetry site...well, two words..."no vacancies"

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Jacob. Plagiarism is not a form of flattery or a compliment, unless you think the guy who.. read more
We must always be prepared to accept the consequences of our actions. I don't think the expectation of expulsion from the site was out of line at all. I don't think the problem was with you making it public. I think the problem was that management remained unconcerned for far too long forcing a public and protracted outcry.

You can't keep snakes in your backyard and expect them only to bite your neighbors. Hillary Clinton

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Yes, you are right, of course. I am surprised with the people who feel this was overblown etc. I can.. read more
If you plagiarize, in university, it's expulsion, and a black mark against your academic record. The same rule should apply here, to anyone, who knowing uses another person's posting, as their own. No "ifs" and/or "buts" to the matter, which means their IP address is blocked to this site, permanently.

To those, who were targeted, by this thief, am sorry that you had to experience this robbery of your hard work. I can't be certain that my poems were touched, but they are, of a very personal nature, for me. a form of therapy that I can't often talk to anybody else, about my past experiences of abuse and the struggle, I have faced, during my transitioning.

Thank you, KL, your watchfulness and alarm sounding. Hate to think, how many more people could have been harmed by this criminal.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you, and to all the others who helped lead the fight. It wasn't just me. Rene, NoelHC, Frieda .. read more
therisa

9 Years Ago

Thank you, KL, for listing all the courageous souls that stood up, for what right. I owe them, all, .. read more
My poems are part of me. Some are very very personal.
When I found them on various Internet sites posted under someone else's name, it really hurt that someone was passing some of my life experiences off as their own. It hurt a lot. I know all the others that it happened to felt hurt and angry too. We didn't start accusing without proof, for anyone that is wondering. We had proof. Lots.
I don't wish ill on anyone, but this man is not welcome here. Anyone that thinks that it is ok to let him back in to steal from us is clearly not thinking straight.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Matching Socks

9 Years Ago

You've got a lot of people behind you on this one.
Jon Roggie

9 Years Ago

I can only agree. Well said, and well done.
Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you, I appreciate it.
Fighting talk but you have no need to fear the slings and arrows when you are immortal. Many of us stabbed Ceasar even if you took the role of Brtutas! Long before he was called plagarist I wrote of his attacks on people. You, clever lady that you are outed him and rightly so.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I know you were never a fan of the man. I for one, though I do agree his action.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 4, 2014
Last Updated on July 5, 2018
Tags: cheating, lies, falsehoods, plagiarism, false accolades

Here at the Cafe' (Poetry Book)


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..