I want a boring life

I want a boring life

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

on conversations with MomzillaNC, an inspiring lady.

"
I want a boring life.

Not physically boring, mind you. I mean, who doesn't want to jump out of an airplane once in awhile? Or "dance naked in front of the headlights of a car", to borrow a phrase from Hot With U by Prince.

I want a life less dramatic.

One without selfies and statuses and tweets and snapchats and instant messages. What is wrong with writing something out, reading it, and crumpling it up without sending it, realizing it would be too hurtful to send?

I want less action.

The kind of action I want is white river rafting, maybe a ten k run or a round of punching a bag at the gym. The excitement I need is watching my kid succeed; taking the dog to the park. A good romp in the hay.

I want less urgency.

I don't feel an urgent need to share my every thought -- some of them are just plain stupid, others are spiteful and mean, and best kept where they belong, in the trash bin. Press delete.

I want a boring life.



© 2018 Lyn Anderson


Author's Note

Lyn Anderson

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Everyone wants something different and that is okay. I agree with what you want KL. There seems to be too much emphasis on everything...everything. Why can't we all just calm down and live and let live. Not sure this review makes any sense, but it is how your piece touched me.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks Will. I think we get caught up in drama that is not ours to share in the first place. P.S. my.. read more



Reviews

I'm with you, KL. Less drama, less urgency, more predictability (but with a few pleasant surprises thrown in). Definitely some good pondering here.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I don't know. I want some excitement. Maybe laughter and chasing grandchildren. A boring life I'm not ready for. I hope you are doing okay. Cold days in Detroit. Thank you dear friend for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

That's exactly what I am talking about. Out with the artificial drama, in with the real. Thank you.
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome. A busy life is a good life.
I want enough until I get enough and then my mind gets bored and my heart is soon to follow close. If I'm listless too long something is bound to catch on fire even if it's my own behind. Great to read ya! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Nice to see you. Thank you.
The good thing about social media is...that you have the power to turn it off. You are well on your way to running the next 10K, I bet you can find a punching bag at your local gym, and summer is just around the corner to find that whitewater and go rafting. I've heard the Colorado River is supposed to be good for this, although I've never been. The power is in you, my friend. You just have to grab it. You may still be at the mercy of some drama, but you can make the rest happen, and maybe...just maybe...the drama will recede and you can have that boring life you so desperately want. Drama feeds off of drama...I think. If you don't react to the drama, it's no longer fun for the person causing the drama...and they usually take their toys and go find someone else to play with. I believe in your future...I believe in you..:) hugs.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much.
I feel a stream of consciousness that calls to us so that we might meditate, think and heal. Instead we are barraged by a tsunami of social media. It's amazing we don't stop talking and just start texting to each other across the table. I feel this one. Your words are an oasis.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

You get it, thank you.
As you wish or like. Whatever makes you happy or blows your skirt...Lol
Excellent...:)..............

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks, I think. This evolved from a discussion with MomzillaNC regarding having time for a real lif.. read more
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

OK. I see. You are welcome...:).........................
Hmmm! You alone know what suites you most., but why boring life? Is life's activities perturbing?; If so, I do relate to this. At times I felt like just being myself and nothing more... Nice job dear.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

I really love to do real things and not immerse myself inn others' artificially created drama. Thank.. read more
Bonaventure Onuabuchi

9 Years Ago

You are welcome
Stress is the distance the balance scale falls when time is less than duty or opportunity. But yes, I too would rather polish the engine than fight the fire.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks. I know you get it.
Ah technology. a hundred and one ways to look like a tool in public.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

You got it. Think before pressing send. And think again.:)
I think a balance of excitment and relaxation are always good... Well done..

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you, just no unnecessary drama. :)
  Fran Marie

9 Years Ago

Right..you're welcome

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

608 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 24, 2015
Last Updated on July 5, 2018
Tags: boredom, melodrama, peace, creativity, love


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..