my heart whispers abandon

my heart whispers abandon

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

love in all its fickleness

"
abandon

you leave me
on the edge
of ecstasy --
my only
purchase,
teeth on
the tender bits
of your ear --

abandon,
isn't always
a bad thing.

as long
as it feels
like this,
no sense to
ponder
if goodbye
lies behind
your kiss ...



when minutes cease to exist
and hours blend into years --
what could be better than this?


the truth

look in my eyes
and realize
what is a leap for you
isn't a step for me --
I don't need
to lead you
to a particular
destination,
I just need you
to come with me
to the station.











© 2018 Lyn Anderson


Author's Note

Lyn Anderson

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wouldn't love and life be simpler if we all just experienced it like this? You don't have to give me everything...just what you can give. I will learn everything I need to know from that. If it's forever its what is what it suppose to be and if it's only for this moment...then it's just as meaningful...great lessons here!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Gypsy Warrior Queen

5 Years Ago

I usually like to start at the beginning, but as I was passing by...it whispered to me. Thank you fo.. read more
Lyn Anderson

5 Years Ago

I am no good at imagining life. I live it and imagine the words inside the living
Gypsy Warrior Queen

5 Years Ago

Just as it should be...
I love the dénouement:

I don't need
to lead you
to a particular
destination,
I just need you
to come with me
to the station.

It’s something everyone in relationships forget, while obsessing about where things are going. Your conclusion is a great reminder to stop trying to make it something, and just walk the path together.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

I have been thinking about it. Thanks for stopping in and reading and reviewing. I believe it comes .. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
MomzillaNC

7 Years Ago

You’re probably right… it’s probably something you need the history of experience to appreciat.. read more
The poetry has its own tone - a melody to let love shine upon hearts. Very pleasing, captivating & certainly a worth reading poetry it is. Speaking allot of the truism of heart; emotionalism of love & the glory of manifested love-life.

My favourite line: "goodbye lies behind kiss"

Quite deep & surely injected with scrutinised passion of... towards love. Interestingly, i enjoyed reading such nausea words. It's a true vivacious "ecstasy" that you have penned deep down in Haslemere words. Has my whole attention!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Thank you, I appreciate the review, and some interesting words you have chosen yourself. Not sure t.. read more
The first poem is definitely "in the moment". This is the pleasure of now. Heartbreak may lie in wait around the next bend, but this 'right now" is good enough. It is beautiful and satisfying when the rapture of the moment bleaches out thoughts of anything else.

I often wonder how often am I reliving the past, living in what might be, or existing in the now. This brought me here. Now.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I was happy how this piece turned out. It is hard to live in the now, and know .. read more
I like this. The transition from one poem to the next is perfect. And you express the complexity and nuance of love quite succinctly. Probably the best love poetry I've read in a while.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

You are very kind. That was my intention, and glad it was read that way.
:) warm ...real and refreshing ...just a step darling ..just one at a time ..is all one really has isn't it!? yet ... not even ...because moments ... they don't exist ;)
E.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading, reviewing, and understanding.
I most love the double meaning of "abandon" . . . it can be the worst of feelings or the best! I like your interpretation, of course, living with wild abandon quite a bit myself. Your final stanza here "the truth" is thought-provoking. I wish people were more inclined to understand this.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

I believe it is a process. It took me a long time to understand who I am and where I want to be.
Very nice imagery here KL.
The precarious "purchase" point of a nibbled ear conveys erotic thoughts as well as a sense of balance and uncertainty. Very nice.
The you lead the eye across the page and from one dimension of this affair to the next...
Ah, and the station... That one thought might scare a person to death. Most would rather be led around blindly than to know they are about to set off on the "rails". Yet, this could simply be an invitation to get off the rails and be still; be home...
A bit of female psychology here to be sure.
A very talented write. Intriguing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Ahh, thank you. I appreciate it. I enjoyed the journey on this one.
Okay, you know me by now and how my experiences lead me off on trains of thought.
I read and listened to the song and read and listened....
Now, I'm thinking about "forever"... I seem to do that. We have so many mandates about forever. My Mom and Dad were married 59 years - they were an awesome example - but Dad died just a few months shy of their 60th anniversary. Mom was left behind. That was forever and yet, she was still here without him. Some things last a few days, months years, decades, lifetimes...but if we are always focusing on being "abandoned" or left or how it will all end, or how long it will last, or if we will be hurt, etc..,then can we really enjoy and learn what love teaches. I say this even as I realize that I have not mastered the thoughts or perceptions quite yet. In a lifetime, if we are fortunate, there are many loves on many levels. The secret to just about anything is to be present in the now....then, when the now is gone the memories will be vivid and remembered. You always take me on mental journeys. I love the way the music sets an atmosphere for the piece that you write. This music was sweet and thoughtful and dreamy.
Who can really measure forever? Can it not sometimes be lived in a day?

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

That is so thoughtful, and so close to my own thinking that somehow I feel you are my sister from an.. read more
Shimmerbliss/CAF

7 Years Ago

Hi, Sis! Knew we'd find each other! I do love your work....always makes me think, and remember, and .. read more
and hopefully get on the train (or bus) with you, of course this would be my hope, and a bit different than your poem...

I know that you often are "just in the moment", appreciating what is there, the "abandon", but isn't there also a "truth" that desires the forever?? the "when hours blend into years" kind of forever... not that this has to be demanded but where it is something that is mutually felt and visibly seen... and yes it takes both a "step" and a "leap" to have this??? I think this is the scary part of love as well as the most satisfying if it is equal and mutual... of course it also could be the most painful when it is gone...

KL I really hope your "destination" is "abandon" and that it is a voluntary "blend" that lasts into years...

that was a nice line: my only purchase, teeth on the tender bits of your ear"... but KL you do know how to write poetry that leaves us sighing...

redzone

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Well thank you, sir, love is all that and more, but it doesn't come with a manual.:)
redzone

7 Years Ago

just the manual you write as you go!!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

647 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 14, 2016
Last Updated on July 4, 2018
Tags: abandon, love, ecstasy, truth, reassurance


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic