Canned sincerity

Canned sincerity

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

preconceived notions of love

"

Written on a card

In canned sincerity

I cannot tell you

If you are

The love of my life,

And I understand your

doubts ...

I have them too.

What does it matter?

Because life

Isn't pre-packed,

or boxed, or bottled,

Life, really is what

Happens,

When you are making

Other plans.



© 2016 Lyn Anderson


Author's Note

Lyn Anderson

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" is a well-known & oft-used line, so I cannot abide by such a cliché, even tho I love the meaning of it. It's out of synch with your usual high level of originality, as demo'ed in the rest of this message.

I love the phrase "canned sincerity" which reflects your typical spot-on word crafting. I also love that you mention the old-fashioned custom of this being written on a card, a dying artform (sending cards). I'm afraid there's way too much canned sincerity going around these days, that's why I can very much relate to your overall message (((HUGS)))

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Yes, my friend, which is exactly why I included said cliche'. Thank you, for your always fun and tho.. read more
Pretty good.
It's harsh though,

I can almost imagine a man staring a woman he obviously loves dead in the eye, pleading to know if she feels the same.

But rather then rope him around, she gives it to him straight.
She does not know.

We always want people to be honest with us, I think.
Thank you for a nice little poem.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Thank you, I appreciate the visit. The older a person gets (you aren't there yet) the more you reali.. read more
Nice. Some word play containing a range of emotion. and I sound like an a*s stating it that way. Autocorrect is going to be the doom of my mobile device.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

too funny. love ya heaps and thank you.:)
We should all just let it happen. That said, it's hard to let go.
If love were cut like cookies we'd know exactly what to do but the formula for each person is different.
Hence the importance of chemistry. (Poetry helps too though!)
Nice one here KL.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
V
just came across the exact same sentence on life just a day ago and I could relate to it very well. I like how you weaved a sense of love into it, your poem provides options on life, there's not one right way to live, maybe not even one love yet experiences are precious, they create the thing that's called life.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Thank you, and very much so. We often sit and worry if it's this or that, and then, it's gone ...
V

7 Years Ago

Yes...you're welcome.
The other morning we had swimming lessons and my daughter asked me why it was raining if we had lessons! Had a great talk about adding "Lord willing" to our plans.
Never know what the day is really going to look like- and when you treat it like a gift and are open to it we can catch love in action in all the in between.
Thanks for taking me on this ride.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Thank you for stopping in. You are so welcome. this little piece has certainly grabbed me and a few .. read more
"Man plans and G-d laughs" indeed....it just happens and we have to learn to roll with the punches. No one knows what tomorrow brings or who it brings into our lives. The love of your life is an ever-morphing fantasy. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Thank you for stopping in and leaving your wonderful words. I am nearly bursting with poems -- writi.. read more
Lydia Shutter

7 Years Ago

I read whenever I can. It is always a pleasure.
I came, I saw, she conquered... no more to be said.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

She did, didn't she? Ah, breathing again. It feels good, my friend.
This is sheer brilliance... I can't really say why... it just is... made me smile and ache at the same time.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

I think I know why, thank you -- that's how poems feel when they go directly from heart to page.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 19, 2016
Last Updated on August 13, 2016
Tags: card, love, unknown, forever


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..