whoops!

whoops!

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

Don't assume the other person on the other end is ignoring you.

"
Whoops!

I am sorry. I might have missed your text.
The dog needed tending, and so did the kids.

right after
I separated them
and got the
younger one
to stop
pulling the
older one's hair.

The shower tap was broken,
and the dryer caught fire.

right before
I hopped
on the bus
and drove
four hours for work,
and made supper
in between.

I am sorry I couldn't fit in your errands.
I am such a jerk.





© 2016 Lyn Anderson


Author's Note

Lyn Anderson

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Being a mother ... I get this. Those especially without a family to take care of underestimate the demand on a mother's time:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Exactly. Thanks. As far as this place goes, organizing all my poems is taking some time.
Pryde Foltz

7 Years Ago

Yeah ... I have had to do that a couple times:)
Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Kind of shouldn't've left it till now.
I know you can't see, but I promise I am holding up my hand and mouthing the word "guilty" at this. I wonder why every time it happens though, that the mind always jumps straight to the negative with thoughts of being ignored or forgotten. I promise I shall try harder.
Saying that, you capture the restrained reasoning perfectly, which conjures images of counting to a hundred before replying, (again, I must try this more) and not having the energy for the argument that is waiting either. Perfectly written with not a word under or overstated, thank you for sharing.

Oh and ps....In case you are wondering, I stopped by your page as I had commented on a collab you did with Einstein noodle called the quickie, and I said that if he links me your page I would do the same for yours. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it, so I just read this one instead and I'm glad I did. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Thank you. I think that is one of the great things about this place, one poem leads to another.:)
it is like emailing with someone, and suddenly that person stops writing back...not ignoring, just life getting in the way...

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

You got it. Some people don't. Thanks, as always.
Lol. I know this isn't supposed to be funny but I do know people who think I have nothing to do all day but watch my phone.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Damn rights it's supposed to be funny. Thank GAWD! Yes! Absurd! And I ain't even joking, if catastro.. read more
Papaya

7 Years Ago

Lol. :)
OK. Them I'm glad it's supposed to be funny!
My mother is a bit like this. .. read more
Some people think the world revolves around them and expect others to do for them forgetting that the other person has a life as well.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

This is very true my friend. Funny enough, it tends to be people without jobs and kids of their own... read more
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

7 Years Ago

Yes you are so right.
Forgive you this time, though I think you may have embellished the work travelling time a bit. You only work round the corner. Great poem.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Very funny. I think. Ya, I don't commute. But I do drive a bus.:)
Paul Bell

7 Years Ago

Always wanted to drive a bus.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 1, 2016
Last Updated on August 12, 2016
Tags: whoops, sorry, inconvenience, life


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..