Moments

Moments

A Screenplay by James Lark
"

A tale of a group of people growing up in a tourist town.

"
(People playing pool and the jukebox playing in the background)
Random chick: (placing glass down on the counter) You're not going to forget to call me tonight? (Walking away)
J: Of course not. You'll have my full attention when I'm done doing what I have to do.
Random chick: (looking back) OK, I picked up something special for you to unwrap later!
J: I'm looking forward to it. Just give me a couple hours and be ready when I call.
Random chick: Oh I will be!
...
Random customer: Let me get..
Marie: Hold on, can't you see I'm talking. Coño!
Marie: Why do they fall for your bullshit? 
J: It's not bullshit. She will have my undivided attention tonight. (laughing) Tomorrow's another story. 
Marie: I see. So how come you never tried giving me your undivided attention?
J: You know I can't f**k with you! I have to see you damn near every day.
Marie: What does that have to do with anything? 
J: You know what I'm about! I'm not trying to s**t where I eat. 
Marie: So if I didn't work her and I was just visiting, you would make time for me?
J: (laughing) It depends on how long you are staying for. I have commitment issues.
Marie: Boy you make no damn sense. You're f*****g retarded.
J: Nah fo'real though, you still f*****g with Juan, right? 
Marie: Something like that. (smiling) What you scared of him?
J: No temo a nadie! 
Marie: Así que ahora usted habla español!
J: Only when I need to make a point. (Laughing)
Marie: (rambling in really fast broken English and Spanish)
J: Slow down you lost me like twenty syllables ago.
Marie: Give me your hand.
J: Que?
Marie: Just give it to me. ( takes his hand and scratches her fingers in his palm ) Do you know what that means?
J: (grinning) Yeah!! Girl you better stop playing.
Marie: Who said I was playing?
Random customer: Let me get..
J: She's closing down early tonight. (reaching in his pocket) Last rounds on me! 
Marie: And why am I doing that?
J: (climbing over the bar) I'm changing my plans so I can see if you're really with it. 
(Marie taking orders and pouring drinks)
Marie: But I thought...
J: (placing his arms around her waist from behind) Just tell everybody you closing down early tonight.
Marie: But...
J: (whispering as he kisses her neck) I thought you weren't playing?
Marie: (sighing) I'm not, but there's still people here.
J: (unbuttoning her jean) I don't see anyone but you!
Marie: mmm...(grinding her a*s against him) F**k... J: (rubbing her breast, shoulders, then belly) Your skin is so beautiful and soft... (sliding his hand in between her jeans and thong) Do you want me to stop?
Marie: No.

....

Los: Are you sure you want to do this?
J: Yeah I've been thinking about it for a minute.
Los: I can't believe you're going to stop. We getting money right now.
J: Man I got like 500 stacked and I'm going to leave Dre my connect.
Los: Dre!? N***a are you crazy!?
J: Nah, N***a proved himself with those Dominican kids.
Los: True, but Dre? Come on, he plays around to f*****g much and likes to run his mouth. 
J: Yeah, but he's family. And you know n****s don't like dealing with you Mira, Miras! (Laughing)
Los: F**k them b***h a*s n****s... (laughing) my money green just like theirs. 
J: Plus my girl is starting to wonder what I'm doing and we really haven't been kicking it lately.
Los: Your girl... (laughing) which one n***a? You're f*****g with a different chick up in her every day.
J: Those are just short stays (laughing) My main girl ain't coming up in here or getting involved in any of this s**t.
Los: What about Marie?
J: She knows what that was about. I wanted to f**k, she wanted dick and that was it.
Los: Nah n***a, she in love. 
(Beep, beep)
J: (checking his text) It's Bump, he needs 6!
Los: Don't change the subject n***a, Shorty on some leave Juan s**t. You know better than to f**k with these local b*****s.
J: N***a just send one of the youngings down there. Put it in one of the stuff animals out of the machine. And f**k Juan! Dre had to f**k that n***a up over a couple dollars.
Los: So that's why that n***a doesn't come pick her up anymore.
(Beep, beep) 
J: That's Dre now. What's the call out code? The one I had doesn't work any more.
Los: #3323 tell that n***a to get me two bean pies and a twinkie
J: (Laughing while leaving the bar) 

...

(Dialing phone number....ringing)
Dre: Yo!!
J: What's good fam??
Dre: Nothing n***a!! Just copped some new s**t. Been banging it all day. I'm going to have to get some new speakers, the bass is sick.
J: Cool. I'm giving Los a deal on an amp. Taken 15 off.
Dre: (laughing) He knows to get at me now?
J: Yeah n***a. Just keep s**t with that n***a good.
Dre: N***a you giving him a free...
J: N***a!!! I don't give no one s**t. 
Dre: You know what I mean. And I'm on a pay phone At the church.
J: Yeah but you slip up. You have to keep s**t on the low.
Dre: Anyway, I want you to meet this chic ....
J: N***a the last chick you set me up with got me stabbed (laughing)
Dre: My bad n***a (laughing his a*s off) how would I know her ex was on some fatal attraction s**t.
J: (laughing) That n***a wont be stabbing anyone else. 
Dre: (lol) N***a got fuccccked up for that b***h s**t. But shorty mad cool.
J: If she mad cool, why ain't you smashing that?
Dre: (laughing) The a*s ain't fat enough for me. N***a you know I like thick b*****s! If she put on like 40 lbs, ball game!!
J: So you trying to pass me some anorexia b***h.
Dre: Nah, she got a tight little body. That gymnast type! Her name is Dawn, she just moved in with Pam. So we need to fly down to the A and bang out some college b*****s!
J: I'm good n***a, I told you it's all about Renee now. N***a you should be thankful you can probably get some p***y now. (laughing)
Dre: N***a I get p***y...
J: Drunk strippers and Los's mom don't count!
Dre: Yo, tell that n***a tell to tell his moms to iron my draws.
J: Yo hit me later going to pick up Renee
Dre: Cool. One

...

J: (walking back into the bar) Yo, that n***a said as soon as your mom is done with his laundry and tell that b***h to iron is boxers that the least she can because the head was wack. (laughing his a*s off)
Los: ( laughing ) I got some s**t for that n***a when I see him. Yo, that shorty from Canada?
J: Poison game! Do you n***a? (laughing) Just don't kiss her, head game sick. 
Los: You know me n***a I don't give a f**k. Sprinkle some coke on my dick and let her go to work.
J: And then start tricking. (laughing)
Los: It ain't tricking if you got it.
(Beep, beep)
J: That's my girl. Dre got you. I knocked 1500 off for the baby. Pamper money.
Los: Good look. Rosie due next month. When you going to have one??
(Beep, beep)
J: No time soon, but yo I'm out. Be back in like a hour. Make sure none of them crazy b*****s are around.
Los: 9 down the block!. nd you want to give this s**t up. 
.....

Me: I'm on my way
Renee: Ok see you when you get here.
(Beep, beep) 
....
J: I told you I'm on my way to pick up Renee.
Dre: Yeah but that n***a Juan's been talking slick up in the club. Just wanted you to know.
J: Good look.
Dre: What you wanna do about it?
J: Send Ty and them to snatch him up and hold him til I'm done with Renee.
Dre: Alright my n***a, Wiz!!!.
....

J: Baby, I thought you were done?
Renee: I am, just need to grab my stuff.
( Re-re)
Renee: Hey...Chris, how have you been? 
Chris: Good, just as I see you have. (Laughing)
J: Really good!!! 
Renee: Stop! He's one of my brother's friends.
Chris: My bad dawg. Me and Re-re go way back. I remember when she use to follow Keith and me around like a shadow.
J: It's all good. 
Renee: Chris you should give Keith a call or stop by. He would really like to hear from you. 
(Beep, beep)
J: Baby I need to make a call real quick.
Renee: Ok, wait up. Chris you remember the number and we haven't moved so don't be a stranger. 
Chris: I won't.
....
Renee: So did you call a cab?
J: Nah its nice out. Let's walk the boardwalk.
Renee: Ok, but i want to stop at that Greek place to get something to eat.
J: You know I got you. Whatever you want to do is fine I just need to make a stop real quick after we eat.
Renee: Where? 
J: Casino. .
Renee: Why? I'm not watching you gamble all night. Beside I'm not going to jail because of your underage gambling. (Laughing)
J: ( laughing ) I'm not gambling anymore. I want you to meet a couple of my people.
Renee: Are they all criminals like your ... 
J: (laughing) I don't know any criminals. I just know people who make the best of bad situations. And your brothers aren't saints. I've seen Keith at my people's crib.
Renee: Doing what? 
Me: Grown folks stuff. (Laughing) Not to be mentioned to the young.
Renee: Boy please! I know how old you really are. 20.
J: 21in 36 days. (Laughing)
Renee: (giggling) Just because you don't get carded, it doesn't make you grown.
J: I don't get carded because I tip well. I'm grown because I'm older than you. (Laughing) 
Renee: Shot, I chipped a nail. 
J: Here, (reaching in his pocket) go get your hair and nails done tomorrow.
Renee: That's way to much!! Plus I have my own money. I do work you know!!
J: Ok miss independent! So I should take these earrings back. (handing them to her)
Renee: I didn't say all that. Thank you baby. 
....
J: Los!
Los: Yo, n***a. (looking over to Marie)I hit your phone like crazy.
Marie: (wiping down the bar) Oh, you can't speak.
J: Yeah I can speak. Marie, Los this is my girlfriend Renee.
Marie: gir...
Los: Nice to meet you. 
Marie: (really fast Spanish slang)
J: (laughing) I really don't check it when I'm with my girl. I keep it on vibrate. 
Los: That thing with Dre, went crazy. N***a a beast.
Renee: I thought I saw him in the mall. What his crazy a*s do?
J: Baby I need to get you home. Los call 13 for me. 
Marie: All that money you making, you need to get a car. (more really fast Spanish slang)
Renee: As soon as he gets his driver's license. (laughing)
J: I don't need it babe, there's always cabs and Dre. (Laughing)
Los: Yo, he's on his way. Where your girl go?
J: She went to the restroom and to call her dad to tell him she's on her way.

...
(Dial tone, dialing numbers, ringing)
Renee: Hey Jackie!
Jackie: Renee? Hey girl! What you up to?
Renee: I'm out with JaSun.
Jackie: I thought you were breaking up with his cheating a*s.
Renee: I was then I wasn't. 
Jackie: Wasn't?
Renee: Yeah. He came and picked me up from work. We walked down the boardwalk, stopped to eat and talked like we use to do.
Jackie: What did he buy you? 
Renee: (laughing) Why do you think he brought me something? 
Jackie: Because eveytime he f***s up he buys you something. (Laughing)
Renee: Earrings. But I didn't take any money from him. 
Jackie: Where are you at now? 
Renee: We stopped at a bar by the casino so he could talk to some people.
Jackie: Was a Spanish girl named Marie there?
Renee: Yeah, how did you know? 
Jackie: That foul mother f****r!!!
Renee: Why?
Jackie: That's the girl I heard he was f*****g with.
Renee: I can tell she likes him but I know he wouldn't f**k with her.
Jackie: And why is that?
Renee: Because she's tall, ghetto and...
Jackie: And what? Listen Chis and her boyfriend are real cool
Renee: Chris?
Jackie: Yes, Chris the one that use to hang with Keith. 
Renee: I just ran into him.
Jackie: I know I told him where you worked. I know you had a crush on him since back in the day and I thought you where breaking up with J.
Renee: What did he say about JaSun? 
Jackie: Well her boyfriend messed up some money and...
Renee: Drug money?? JaSun doesn't mess with drugs.
Jackie: Renee come on, you really believe that gambling story he tells you. Like I said, her boyfriend Juan fucked up some money and Dre beat his a*s.
Renee: So what does that have to do with JaSun.
Jackie: Juan found out he was f*****g her and wasn't going to pay for the stuff Dre fronted him.
Renee: So Dre gave Juan drugs, not JaSun?
Jackie: Renee, Jasun sells drugs and cheats on you. You really don't see it?
Renee: (crying) I know. I just didn't want to believe it.
Jackie: Don't even cry over his stupid a*s. F**k him!!
Renee: He's waiting for me know. He thinks I'm talking to my dad. I'll call you back when I get home. 
Jackie: ok. Stop crying and quit his cheating a*s.
Renee: bye 

...
Marie: So girlfriend? 
J: Not right now Ma. 
Marie: Not right now!?? (really really fast Spanish)...f**k you!! (Walks away)
Los: I tried to warn you.
J: F**k it, I'll handle that along with that Dre s**t later. I told him to send Ty.
Los: She's back.
J: So I'll hit you later.
Renee: You ready? 
J: Yeah we can wait out front. 
Renee: Nice meeting you.
Los: You two be safe. Don't do anything I would. 
...

J: Just call me a cab!!
Renee: Let me explain! 
J: Nah, l'm good! You've said enough!
Renee: Don't be like that! You think this is easy for me?
J: Obviously it is! What kind of fucked up reason is that!? We need space because we don't spend time together!
Renee: Really? Would you rather I said it was because of all the other girls you have been f*****g with..
J: What other girls? 
Renee: Don't even try to play stupid! Everybody's telling me you're f*****g around with this b***h and that b***h.. 
J: Who the f**k is telling you that bullshit!? 
Renee: Stop!! You can't even be honest with me now. I know you fucked that b***h I meet tonight !!
J: Who Marie? Please, why would I cheat on you with her? 
Renee: Because you're a f*****g dog!! (tears begin to flow) How many? 
J: How many what?
Renee: How many of these stupid b*****s have you been f*****g with?
J: WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? 
Renee: STOP SCREAMING IN FRONT OF MY F*****G HOUSE! 
J: I'm sorry, stop accusing of s**t I didn't do.
Renee: She called my house!! 
J: Who?
Renee: That Puerto Rican b***h from the bar. I can't believe you introduced me to that b***h. What the f**k is wrong with you!? 
J: What is wrong with you? Why the f**k would I want you to meet some b***h I'm f*****g? That just sounds real f*****g stupi...
Renee: I saw the way she was looking at you and the whole way home I kept hearing her voice in my head. I know that's the b***h that has been playing on my phone.
J: Just because someone is calling you and saying s**t doesn't make it true. You know what I'm out here doing. I don't have time for these stupid b*****s.
Renee: STOP F*****G LYING TO ME!! Stop lying and admit it. You like f*****g around with stupid b*****s and buying them s**t. (still crying) I F*****G HATE YOU!! 
J: So now I'm f**k and tricking? You know me better than that.
Renee: I thought I did... JUST GET THE F**K AWAY FROM ME!? And take these f*****g earrings. (throwing them at him)
J: (walking towards her) Renee...
Renee: (slapping the f**k out of him) I SAID LEAVE!!!
J: (grabbing her) B***H....

© 2013 James Lark


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on August 11, 2013
Last Updated on August 12, 2013
Tags: life, love, pain, drugs, summer, hate, emotions, drama, latina, interracial, money, power, lust, sex