'No pain, no gain'

'No pain, no gain'

A Story by Imperfection

It is important to be calculative when faced with life’s major decisions but it isn’t wise to let fear overpower us.

Sometimes we are scared of trying new things, following unknown paths because we are afraid that we're going to make a mess of it.

But then I'd read somewhere that PROFESSIONALS BUILT THE TITANIC & AMATEURS BUILT THE ARK.
__________________________________________________________________________________

I don't want to walk because I'm scared of falling. The thought of getting hurt frightens me. I'm afraid that the wounds won't heal…
...so I won't walk.
I'll just stand at the crossroads & follow the path with my eyes & if I find that it leads to no-where, I'll close my eyes.
Or, better still, if I turn my face away.

 

I don't want to cross the bridge if I have no knowledge of what is waiting for me on the other side.
I don't want to dream because I know that I will have to wake up one day to find bitter reality staring at me.
I don't want to go into a tunnel if I can't see light at the other end.
I don't want to enter a cave & fumble about in the dark.
I'd rather have a candle in hand & if there is any possibility of the flame being blown out, I won't enter the cave.

I'm afraid of fighting because I dread the thought of losing.
”FAILURE IS A PRIVILEGE RESERVED FOR THOSE WHO TRY”
If I don't try, I won't fail…
BUT DOES THAT MAKE ME A WINNER?????

 

 

© 2008 Imperfection


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

People who are too scared to try will never get the spoils. This reminds of a couple of people that annoyed me to no end because they always, and I mean always played it safe. This on struck a nerve with me. I live in pain everyday, yet I still try to get my life together and get my family what they need. A great read, and very thought provoking.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is such a powerful piece with which anyone can easily relate too. And I was looking forward to read a piece like this from past few days and my search got an end here..
It is the most damn inspiring piece I've ever read. And I mean it.

""FAILURE IS A PRIVILEGE RESERVED FOR THOSE WHO TRY"
If I don't try, I won't fail�
BUT DOES THAT MAKE ME A WINNER????" I simply loved these lines a lot.

A superb read(also I'm adding it to my favourites) :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love this piece a lot, I will add this to my fav's. "Failure is a privilege reserved for those who try..." Well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

No, it makes one a loser~At least by trying we do learn~the only failure is in 'not trying at all"~Regardless of the proverbial phrase~"The thrill of victory or the agony of defeat~" as heard so many times at the Olympic games~
One must always go for the gold~Thanks for sharing this well penned piece in the contest~Fran Marie

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can understand this to the fullest before I started school I was having all kinds of doubts and then with the threats of my mom and dad for over a year and a half I finally enrolled in law school and realized I'm not the dumbest person there! "Rome wasn't built in a day" great write!!

~~Theta

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Caffiene, very thought provoking write on fear: That (F)alse (E)vidence (A)ppearing (R)eal. I love how you put your write together causing us to see the ridiculousness of being caught in the prison that fear creates. I have heard it said that 90% of the things we worry about never come to pass. Makes you wonder why we spend so darned much time worrying and in fear?

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have read many writes Caffeine, I read something so similar it gave me goosebumps. It tells me that we as writers are so very introspective and astute with our feelings and emotions. When most people walk in a blind fog drifting here and there.

I loved the exposure of fear- the paralysis it may cause or the action it may take. Depending on our own actions determines the outcome. This write makes one stop and ponder our own lives. When a writer has this strength this ability they are a great writer.

I would rather have a candle in hand- yes the light that leads us onward. This is a very symbolic piece and I hope that more can read it. Excellent Job, you keep getting better. Peace Always Roxy

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am currently writing a novel and if the lead character had that even cross his mind the story would even put me to sleep *__^
you speak much truth, I say **** safty, risk is not risk unless there is something to loose
ha! my cousin never seems to get that fact though
Great read

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

An outstanding message and written extremely well, Caffeine. I can so relate to this as I have had fear of flying, but recently I have been doing so much of it. In fact, I had to fly in a 4 passenger plane and I nearly didn't get on it. Once I did and I was up there, something extraordinary happened. I saw the beauty all around me and the fear just dissipated. I also was able to see a new perspective while up there. I had the pilots eye and it was amazing! Fear can definately be paraylizing, but if we can get through it, life has unlimited possiblities. What a truly excellent write, Caffeine!!!!


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I am all about encouraging people to give it the college try.
excellent piece.
Sandra♥

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

hmmm i feel ya, i fell ya

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

624 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 13, 2008
Last Updated on February 14, 2008

Author

Imperfection
Imperfection

India



About
�Writing is easy. You only need to stare at a piece of blank paper until your forehead bleeds� - Douglas Adams. I am a woman in my 20's. I love writing...sometimes it doesn't.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..