My mind is like the Sky

My mind is like the Sky

A Story by Amber Valentine
"

Written April 03, 2018.

"
Sometimes, the sky is bright, blue, and clear. Other times, the sky is dark and grey and cluttered with scary clouds....
My mind is similar in this way. Some days my mind is bright, and clear of all things dark and scary. But on bad days, dark clouds is all that I can see. On those bad days, the sun barely shows... Oh, but the rain shows. The rain falls and falls and won't quit. My mind is full of dark, scary clouds... There is not a blue sky or ray of sunshine in sight. Darkness covers everything... I see no end to this, on those bad days. No end to the darkness, or the clouds, or the grey skies. On those days, I would give anything for the dark skies to clear.
When it does finally clear... when the darkness turns to light and the sun shines through those clouds and when the dark, grey sky finally turns bright, blue it feels like a weight has been lifted. The sun can shine for a little while and that makes me feel okay.

© 2018 Amber Valentine


Author's Note

Amber Valentine
I am no professional writer or anything. I just write to get my feelings out.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can relate to this very well. Medication helps.friends and family or whatever you have for support. but also a lot of willpower. I like the way you have used metaphors in contrast with the weather and your mind
Well done!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amber Valentine

5 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 11, 2018
Last Updated on July 11, 2018
Tags: sky, mind, nature, emotions, feelings, story

Author

Amber Valentine
Amber Valentine

AL



About
My name is Amber. I'm 19 years old and currently living in Alabama. I just wanted to share some of my writings on here. I'm no professional writer, but I would love to know what others think about my .. more..

Writing
Home Home

A Poem by Amber Valentine