The Pale Man

The Pale Man

A Story by Amy Cowan
"

Based on - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoEyEBEziCs First draft, to be continued

"
My instructions were clear: go in, get what I came for, get out, touch nothing!

 

But I didn’t do this and it was the biggest mistake I’ve ever made. Those horrible long fingernails send a shiver down my spine every night, every night I sleep alone, even as an adult I can still see those piercing finger nails and that horrifying face. The sound of that hourglass slowly dripping its sand, grain by grain I was running out of time. I am Jean and this is the story of my quest and before we start, this isn’t just any story, it is the most horrifying story you will ever hear.

I had the chalk in my hand, ready to do it. I was drawing myself into another world, almost another dimension. I had finally acquired the courage to complete my quest. I wish I hadn’t, I wish I had listened to the warnings, paid attention to the paintings and turned back as soon as I entered that revolting corridor. I opened the door, lowered myself in and turned the hour glass as instructed. The feelings are flooding back to me now as I speak but my story needs to be told, for the sake of all of those lost children. On my entry I was in a long narrow mirrored corridor, with paintings everywhere and rooms. I didn’t look in the rooms after all who would hide such an important object in a boring old room. I scurried down, passing the many pillars, entering the largest, most spectacular room I have ever seen. It was colossal. My main objective was to find the dagger but I couldn’t help noticing a pile of objects. At first I was rather confused at what these objects were but unfortunately I soon realised. The severeness of the predicament I was in hit me. It was shoes, a whole pile of shoes and worse it was children’s shoes. What had happened there was what I was asking myself.

After letting the pixies out of my bag I found the compartments. There were very small but there was a silver patterned key hole, more silver than I had ever seen. Fetching the key from my pocket was the easy bit, the dagger was so far back that I nearly couldn’t reach. How many children must have done this before me? How many children have reached into this whole and what worried me most at that moment was , how many children escaped? Dagger received and after having a quick peek I shoved it in my pocket but what was that amazing smell

© 2013 Amy Cowan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tea
It's well described. :) Can't wait to read more. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amy Cowan

10 Years Ago

YEY :) Thanks a lot
Tea

10 Years Ago

Your welcome.
Awesome story! Can't wait to read more.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 8, 2013
Last Updated on November 8, 2013

Author

Amy Cowan
Amy Cowan

United Kingdom



About
I am a student and musician. I play violin, guitar and sing mostly. I love reading and writing. I really haven't wrote much lately but hopefully shall soon!! more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Amy Cowan


Alone Alone

A Poem by Amy Cowan