Chapter 16

Chapter 16

A Chapter by Amy Skye
"

After being captured by Anifa, Olivia and Owen are faced with a new deadly threat, far worse then torture.

"
A shock-wave of electricity shot through Olivia’s veins, sending her lurching back into her seat, struggling to keep her head up and mind clear. Blood dripped from her head, and ears from the numerous other torture devices they had at their disposal. Her eyes were locked on the Doctor, so put together and proper, while she sat there allowing this inhumane use of force to extract information. 
“Ms. Cage,” the Doctor said, “The longer you hold out the longer this torture will last. Your partner, Mr. Ryan, has already told us everything we need to know to get Subject 1 back. You’re really only here to make sure we know he was telling the truth.” She paused and looked over her tablet. “Let’s go over what we already know again, just to refresh your memory.” She began, “We know you work out of a stronghold somewhere in the southern mountains. We also know that you have a secondary bunker in the northern mountains. What we don’t know is, why you and your circle were in Fermont in the first place. So, let’s start there.” She stopped; eyes set on Olivia’s. However, Olivia stayed silent, she wasn’t about to divulge any information to her regardless if Owen said anything. She was under strict orders to keep the core objective of the resistance a secret from Anifa.  
“How I see it,” the Doctor continued, “You were there for one of two reasons, number one being that you were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Which of course is unlikely. The second option is that you were trying to scout closer to our base, but for what? You couldn’t possibly think that you could get inside. Our facility spans over three hundred miles of fortified, untouchable bunkers, caverns, and buildings, all connected and heavily secured. So, unless you and your radical leader are severely ill informed, you must just be that dumb.” The Doctor smiled smugly, but quickly realized that nothing she could say would get Olivia to divulge any new information. Her smile faded quickly, as she stood up and turned around. “Unless you want your fellow counterparts to die trying to keep our property from us, I would suggest you tell us how to get into Command.” The name jumped out at Olivia like a bullet, how do they know about Command? What do they know about Command? The Doctor turned around, now facing Olivia again. “And before you ask, we have known about Command for a very long time now. If you think you can over throw or take us down, you are utterly mistaken. We know more than you could ever fathom, we have people in more places that you could ever think of.” With a sigh the Doctor turned around again, now facing the door. She walked over, her heals softly clicking the tiled floors. “We tried to do this the simple way.” She said, and Olivia stiffened. “Now we will have to take new measures to insure Subject 1 is retrieved safely.” She looked over her shoulder to Olivia who kept her gaze set on the Doctor. “Owen was a great candidate for our indoctrination program. Once he succumbed to the process, it only took a few hours for his mind to submit and for him to see that Anifa only has its people’s best interests at heart. Unfortunately we did lose some of his cerebral cognizance in the process. A shame really, I did have high hopes for him.” Olivia’s heart began to race, sweat beading up on her forehead. “I believe you’ll do much better. Once you know what Anifa can do for you and for the future of the human race, you will be more willing to side with us.” She smiled, and opened the door to Owen standing in the frame. His face stagnant, and almost zombielike, his mouth gaped open. “Owen,” she said, placing her hand on his arm, he looked over to her, “Will you please show Olivia to the Preservation Room?” Owen grunted and walked into the room, his eyes met Olivia’s. Fear and desperation filled her throat as he reached down and grabbed her arm, hoisting her up in one swift motion. 
“Owen,” Olivia said, her voice cracking, but he did not respond. He pushed her in front of him, his hand heavy on her shoulder. With her hands bound tightly behind her back, and a room full of armed guards she had no choice but obey. She followed blindly into the white hall, surveying her surroundings, looking desperately for a way out. Owen pushed her slightly, and they entered into a room. The walls were covered with black paint and a single chair lay in the center of the large space. A ring light as well as an assortment of telescope-looking tubes hung from the ceiling.    A man wearing a blue tunic walked around one of the corners in the room with a smile. 
“Wonderful,” he said, “another mind ready to see truth of Anifa’s eloquence.” He walked closer, his hands clasped together. “Come,” he said to Olivia, now gesturing to the chair, “Salvation lies with the truth.”


© 2020 Amy Skye


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Holy crap! This is getting more and more intense! Well done Amy. This is why I read each chapter several times. I like to really indulge myself into the story line.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Amy Skye

3 Years Ago

Yay! I personally found my rhythm with my plot twists and I now know exactly where i am going, i thi.. read more
Franky

3 Years Ago

Good to hear. It's very entertaining!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 3, 2020
Last Updated on July 4, 2020


Author

Amy Skye
Amy Skye

About
Hello, I am Amy.I am a sarcastic soul with a headstrong attitude and a do-gooder complex. I have a soft spot for the dystopian, sci-fi, and post-apocalyptic genres. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Amy Skye


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Amy Skye


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Amy Skye