Impatience

Impatience

A Poem by anais.vionet
"

about growing up and learning from a step father

"

I had to learn to be still - it was a hard discipline, for me.

Impatience is my curse, it’s the underbrush fuel of my anger. Unanswered wishes invited trouble and hours of internal fuss. Impatience was the sound of panic in an empty room - it was emotionally stick-fighting with the ocean in an interior arena. I’ve tamed the wild urgency, I pretend it’s heat that I sink with stillness but I still have the neural itch to explode - as if I harbor an armed vigilante who watches the world with a child’s wide eyed envy. My step father was my angel in this - with his endless patience and calm - spending tiring days like Roman coin to help me understand that impatience doesn’t make anything happen. With his generous help I tamed this unattractive flaw. I was born too human but he’s helped me strive for the heavenly.

Thank you Step (my name for him) I love you - Happy Fathers day.

© 2020 anais.vionet


Author's Note

anais.vionet
all comments welcome

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is wonderful, I had a step father as well, but him and I didn't get along.
I enjoyed this write

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

anais.vionet

3 Years Ago

Thank you! I'm lucky =]

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
1 Review
Added on June 22, 2020
Last Updated on June 22, 2020
Tags: family, teen, stepfather, Impatience

Author

anais.vionet
anais.vionet

GA



About
high school student more..

Writing