HAMSA

HAMSA

A Chapter by Ananth Veluturi
"

HAMSA is a young girl from India, who has a stereotype upbringing. She begins to discover certain thoughts and ideas that make her evolve and also to chase her destiny.

"

On the straight lonely road, with fields on one end and a river bed on the other hand, with no man in the vicinity on either sides, the road merely appeared as a no man’s land. From a far off distance, it is only the little noise of the Royal Enfield thump that is audible along with the hazy image of a person riding it.

As the rides laps out more and more further finds a spot on the river bank with a tree that is giving enough shade to rest a bit. Enchanted with this spot, the rider decides to stop for a quick break. Disembarking from the bullet, the rider removes the helmet, the gloves and puts them on the bullet seat.

Walking in camouflage pants and a leather jacket along with the aviators, the rider is enthralled with the beauty of the place. Few steps of rambling, the rider slowly removes the helmet and the jacket and throws it on the ground. With a sleeveless tank top and moving the soft hair that is falling on the face due to breeze, the person’s face is as pristine as moon.

The person pulls out a cigarette, introduces herself “My Name is HAMSA (Swan).” In fact, my full name is…. After a brief pause, she says, “for now this name is enough.”

Hamsa sits there for some time enjoying the tranquillity and is deeply staring at the river. Engrossed in a quiet conversations within her mind, she gets lost in the charm. With a sense of happiness and liberation, her heart is thumping with joy and she actually was able to feel the beat.



© 2018 Ananth Veluturi


Author's Note

Ananth Veluturi
Please review and rate the for story to be continued. Your responses will allow to develop the story

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on February 1, 2018
Last Updated on February 1, 2018
Tags: hamsa, young, girl, discover, solo, independent, travel, trip, road


Author

Ananth Veluturi
Ananth Veluturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, India



About
I am Ananth Raghunath Veluturi from Hyderabad, India. Admirer of quiet and being lost in thoughts and ideas. To many it may appear stupidity but for some it can be a superlative thought. I believe.. more..