the princess and the sparrow

the princess and the sparrow

A Story by Ang3L
"

its a story about sacrifice

"

Once upon a time there was a little sparrow , he lived in a big kingdom where a very pretty princess lived,the princess was charming and loved by everyone and every creature in the kingdom, and she was the only daughter of the king, and our little sparrow was in love with this princess , every morning he used to go to her window and sing for her while she was sleeping and he flew away the moment she wakes up , he was very shy and very small he loved her so much and never told anyone, he used to tell himself " how can i tell the princess that i love her, i am a little sparrow who cant do anything but singing, and she is the daughter of the ruler of the kingdom ! "

And one night the princess got very ill , she was in great pain ,it was like a fever but with more pain, the king was going crazy he was about to loose his mind, " how come this ugly illness happen to my sweet daughter who knew nothing but to love every one and every creature in the kingdom ? "

The king sent for all the doctors in the kingdom , and all the doctors agreed on that the princess will not be cured unless she sees a red rose , but the problem is there werent any red roses in the kingdom, only white ones .

The king ordered every one in the kingdom to search for a red rose ,and he will give a great prize to the one will find a red rose. But still there werent any red roses in the kingdom, and if the princess didnt see a red rose with her eyes she will die .

Our little sparrow like every morning went to the princess' window and saw her lying in bed and her father the king and her maid are crying beside her bed, he went to the castle cat and asked him what's wrong with the princess he told the sparrow about her illness, the sparrow went to his tree and started crying and he kept crying and crying , the only love of his life will die and he cant do anything about it ,he is little and helpless , he kept crying till noon .

And suddenly he stopped crying and he flew to the castle searching for the princess' maid and he asked the castle's cat and he told him that he will find her in the highest room in the castle.

The sparrow went to the room's maid and found her crying alone, and he told her that when he was flying over the castle's garden he saw a very big red rose, and she asked why dindnt you bring this red rose he told her that he is a little weak sparrow and he couldnt carry this big red rose.

The maid started running down to go to the garden ,when she was escallating the sparrow flew over the garden and he spotted the biggest white flower and he flew very high and then landed very fast on the big white flower and he hugged the flower strongly and all the flower's thorns pierced his chest , he bleeded so much and the flower absorbed his blood and it turned in red .

The maid arrived in the garden and she saw the red rose in the garden , it was easy to see this red rose , it was a big red rose among an army of white flowers, she picked the rose and went quickly to the princess's room and the princess saw the red rose with her own eyes. the princess is healed and all the illness is gone now, the king was very happy and he declared celebration in the kingdom, the princess hugged her maid and the king wanted to reward her ,and he said " ask for anything you please maid " but the maid told  the king and the princess she wasnt the one who spotted the big red rose, the princess asked her who spotted the rose, she replied " a small weak sparrow " the princess said " i know this sparrow ,i always hear him singing for when i am sleeping and when she wakes up he is gone" and she said " i love this sparrow so much" and asked her father if he can allow this sparrow to live with her in the castle, and she asked her maid about the place of the sparrow now ,and the maid said that he might be in the garden .

The princess rushed to the garden and searched for the sparrow and she went to the place of the bid red rose.

But she found the sparrow lying dead.....the princess lived and the little sparrow died

© 2008 Ang3L


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this is stunning...
I think you can leave the last line out - the princess lived and the little sparrow died -
You don't need it as it is said so in the line before.
You know, I got tears in my eyes and nearly began crying, this is so very touching
Beautiful job.
I'll add it to my favourites

The only thing, if to give some feedback to make it better, is that you need to correct a few minor errors with the grammar. But others than that then it's perfect.
Absolutely brilliant story

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 22, 2008

Author

Ang3L
Ang3L

cairo, Egypt



About
i ve been thinking for so much, i ve been dreaming for much more ... more..

Writing
gone gone

A Poem by Ang3L


mother and son mother and son

A Story by Ang3L