mother and son

mother and son

A Story by Ang3L
"

all he wanted is to prove to his mom that he can be somebody

"

She is standing behind the window and she is looking outside and she is seeing nothing but an empty street and all she can hear is the cold wind blowing ,she sat down on the couch and looked to the clock then she stared down on the floor and wondered in her mind and said " i dont know where he has been and how lond he has been out ", her son came and she looked at him and she said " boy i am tired of waiting for u while u are out with ur friends " ,he said " mom i am tired and i am living my life the best way that i can ,cause i am trying to be somebody i am not trying to be somebody else,this life is mine i am living ,dont u know me i wont ever let u down " ,

she said to him " i dont want u to fail like ur father did ,he kept saying that will be somebody and he couldnt be anybody,and he left us , he left us when u were very young " ,and she went to bed.

Days and days have passed the son has grown up ,and he decided to move on and go on his way trying to prove that he can succeed,but she dont know where he will go or when he is comming home ,

she said " son take care dont let ur dreams go far and ruin u . " ,he said "mom u raised me well ,dont worry about me u know i will be fine, cause i am trying to be somebody i am not trying to be somebody else ,this life is mine i am living ,dont u worry will never let u down."

He started his journey truth in his mind and his mom in his heart ...he went from place to place, he struggled so much and yet he wasnt able to be someone, he went to a village where injustice ruled, the head of this village is a tyrant who force the village residants to pay tributes to him.

Everyone in this village was suffering from this tyrant ,but every one of them lacked the courage to face this tyrant .

The son was raised to be ideal, his mom was always worried about him but she didnt raise him to be a coward ,he tought him to be brave, so he refused to live under this cloud of injustice, so he decided to to lead a revolution against this tyrant and free this village from the injustice .

And he succeeded , and he declared the village freedom , and becme the ruler of this village.

From success to another he was goin on his way , he gained the respect of everyone and before that he gained there love.

Years went by and he became somebody ,and the time has come to go to his mom to tell her he succeeded .

He travelled back to his home town and he arrived at his house and all the memories is comming back to and he remembered where his mom used to stand behind the window waiting for him and where they used to play ......

Before he entered his neighbour came to him and he said " i am sorry son ,your mom has passed away 2 years ago ." he was shocked and started crying  and he said " i left cause i wanted to prove to her that i can succeed , i wish i was there and see her before she died ."

He went to her grave ,and he saw her tombstone and he was astonished ....His neighbour told him that his mother requested that ,it was written on her tombstone " SON YOU ARE TRYING TO BE SOMEBODY AND YOUR ARE NOT TRYING TO BE SOMEBODY ELSE ,THIS LIFE IS YOURS AND YOU WILL LEAD, I KNOW YOU WELL AND I KNOW WILL NEVER LET ME DOWN...AND I KNOW THAT YOU DIDNT LET ME DOWN ,I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU..YOUR MOM "

A tear fell from his eye, and he said " someday we will be together".

 

© 2008 Ang3L


Author's Note

Ang3L
this story is inspired by the song "be somebody" by " 3 doors down "

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow an amazing story inspirational full of emotion

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 23, 2008

Author

Ang3L
Ang3L

cairo, Egypt



About
i ve been thinking for so much, i ve been dreaming for much more ... more..

Writing
gone gone

A Poem by Ang3L