To Fly With Him

To Fly With Him

A Story by Angela Hunter

That old familiar tug... How does one deny it?

How could I ignore my fascination with the way that his life visibly wisps, swirling from his lips on the days that nip the feeling out of my toes?
He steals the cold, like the sun can eclipse the frost by painting your skin.

Who would believe my pretending that I do not adore the way his eyes glimmer when he looks into mine, or that I could choose to fight the way I bubble over with joy in his presence?
For the way he passes glances to me is the way I slide mine to him.

Shall I lie about the simmering sensation of my insides, or the clenching reaction of my heart to his smile, or the way he resurrects the long-lost feeling of a grade-school crush?
For everyone around me witnesses the heart I try to bury with my sleeve.

Can I erase the nights I have spent observing the ceiling of my bedroom, willing his form to ease silently through my open door and suffocate my loneliness?
Even in my dreams, I cannot escape the thought; the desire.

I would deny my fears just to fly with him one day, though I cannot, since he fears that he would only cause me to fall.

© 2015 Angela Hunter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on February 22, 2015
Last Updated on March 12, 2015
Tags: fly, love, winter, crush, nervous, happy, smile, sensation, monologue