Letters to Liam

Letters to Liam

A Story by Angela Hunter
"

Found this in my writing folder and I thought I'd post it. :)

"
The other night, I had a dream in which you asked me to write you something for Valentine's Day. So, my dear Liam, here is where I start my series of attempts to portray myself to you in words. I am sure it will take me many a night before the words fall out just so, the letters crisp and clear on the page.

My mornings nowadays start with a snap of chilled air against any exposed skin. The early hours paint themselves under my eyes, and my thin curtains fail to conceal the fact that I am up even before the Sun. But none of this weighs on me like it used to.
My hand slithers through my sheets to its target. I tap a button and your name overwhelms my eyes in the darkness. Yet my lips curl upwards and my thumbs jump eagerly to greet you. I exhale and huddle myself around my pillow, encasing any heat left in the area.
My mind floats your arms around my sides; it tickles my hands with your caressing fingers. Your breath is in my ear like an ocean's spray, steadily unpredictable. I am slipping. Your heart is only consistent in its beating, and I am slipping. I'm left sliding down some invisible slope as the ocean in my ear coats every hope of escape in impossibility, as the unpredictable thumping loosens every root and every stone that I pass. I do not struggle. I know I should be fighting to grasp any branch, any rock to aid my escape " to keep from giving into the destination, but I do not want to. I just pray, on my way down, that the landing will be soft.

© 2015 Angela Hunter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on February 22, 2015
Last Updated on March 12, 2015
Tags: liam, falling, love, letter, valentine's, valentines, day, confession, confess