Home sweet home

Home sweet home

A Chapter by Starrbitt

After work , thank god it was over , I drove home. When I arrived , Nessey , my chow chow , was already waiting for me outside , on the grass. I parked in the driveway and laughed as I got out. Nessey must have jumped in piles of leaves because she was covered in them.

Nessey ran over to me , getting on her hind legs to try to lick me as I stood up. I patted her head and walked up into the house. The smell of my mothers cooking already chased around my head. "Hey mama."

"Oh , hey Kanzie!" Mother ran out of the kitchen and into the hall to hug me as I shut the door.

"Hey papa. Want a hug too?"

My father chuckled. "Nope. I think your moms covers for both of us."

Mama pulled back to examine me"How was work? Ok?"

I smiled. "You can say that."

My mama squeezed my hands then let go of them. "Oh sweety. Tell me everything." She said , turning around and heading back for the kitchen. I followed behind.

"Nothin' really. Just a crazy teen came in as soon as my shift started and a guy won't stop flirtin' with me. Nothin' serious."

Mama squeeled like she was Evant and asked "Did you check his finger?"

"Why?"

"Was he wearin' a ring of some kind?"

I shrugged. "I don't know but most southern men don't cheat when there married."

She smiled then checked on whatever was in the oven. "Ah , I guess your right."

Papa spoke up. "Well , she is right. I couldn't even imagine life without your mama. I need her to breath. She's constantly reminding me to do the things that I forget." Then he gave another chuckle "Plus , she can cook high quality foods."

I heard my mama give a giggle. My parents are the kind of couple you would be jealous of. They never fought , they have been together sinse they were teens , I mean , their the perfect fit.

Then a thought came to mind. Will I ever find a perfect man or will I forever be helpless and alone like a bitter elder?


© 2011 Starrbitt


Author's Note

Starrbitt
Hope ya'll like this chapter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i can really relate to her my parents are really happy together !:) nice chapter cant wait to read more !:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Its a bit short for a chapter, but it seems to flow with the story nicely. I'm wondering if the boy who keeps flirting with her will become a love interest? Can't wait to read more!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 26, 2011
Last Updated on June 26, 2011


Author

Starrbitt
Starrbitt

Oakhill, WV



About
I love anime if you couldn't tell, vampires, writing, and evil faeries! My favorite color is purple, I like to read about creatures and zombies, and I love making my own videos. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Starrbitt


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Starrbitt


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Starrbitt