I'm a little puzzling

I'm a little puzzling

A Poem by light and ashes
"

Sometimes I struggle to explain myself... even to myself.

"
I'm a puzzle. First, I'm over here. Then I'm over there.
Then I'm over here again.
Totally erratic. Enigmatic little puzzle.

Sometimes I'm not even sure if my pieces even fit together. I feel like I have to shove them to make them fit, but they do fit. I need to stop trying so hard.

I'm a little puzzling. I am built of contradictions that compliment each other. I am beautiful. My little puzzle pieces are beautiful too.

© 2020 light and ashes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

yes they are .. beautiful indeed .. as duplicity confounds us all at times it creates the tension to act .. raises the questions of which way .. even no decision is a choice .. usually a muddled one ... but a choice no less. i had noticed a review you shared on one of Neville's poems and had not read any of your stuff before .. i like the short and direct words and lines .. they present as very real, honest and vulnerable ..
E.

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

Thank you, writing is catharsis for me...as well as a way of being heard.
Once we come to accept that we have many inconsistencies, then it becomes easier to love difficult people who are riddled with hypocrisy & flip-flopping behavior. Your little vignette of inner searching sounds like the first tentative steps toward this self-acceptance. Later on, as one grows into self-acceptance more fully (a lifelong journey), it can be fun to own one's own quirks & demand that others accept these inconsistencies. Have fun! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

Thank you for your lovely review!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Again I feel like you speaking about my mind. Cause my thoughts are just like that. Moving in chaotic order of strange day dreaming in repeating schemes of my imagination. I really like this writing is light like it's almost levitating at my mind. Yes this writing it's puzzling me like zen koans. Wonderful reflection in just few lines . Contradictions and not fit together are probably not good for real life but for imaginative writing like this it's almost like blessing .

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

I'm weird :) lol It is my condition. I'm glad you can relate. Thank you for stopping by and for revi.. read more
...

3 Years Ago

I can say here on this website i find like 3 or 4 writers who have writing who i can relate to it. S.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LJ
The beginning of this up to the last three sentences (not counting them) remind me somewhat of Emily Dickinson's work. She wrote little gems about herself, as you probably know, and the simplicity of them masked deeper feelings. Or freed them. I can never decide which.
I think you let loose several "pieces" of yourself here, just in the way you play the puzzle of words. It's good, but for some reason, I wasn't as enthused over the end (those last three sentences) as I am about the rest. Beauty is not the problem. It may be that, for me, it looks like you're "...trying too hard..." - lol. Really, though. I wonder if there's a way to mention the beauty that includes the "contradictions" written formerly, and maybe some of that "shoving" - just to keep the 'puzzle' evident in the beginning. It's up to you of course.
And Please remember, all my comments are only my opinions!

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

Thank you for your reviews! I really appreciate them!
Puzzles are beautiful in their own little way. Challenging, always changing, and then when you have it all figured out, you re-scramble it and start again. I really love the deeper meaning behind this :) Thanks for sharing!

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

Thank you!


... How beautifully perturbing in a puzzling kind of way ... :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

:) thank you
Great poem. Sounds like me! Lol

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

That's cool :) thanks for reading.
Derek

3 Years Ago

Your welcome:)
I like the idea of being a puzzle with all the pieces fitting nicely together. That's as long as it isn't one of those 1000 piece puzzles. Now they are a nightmare. Good poem Allie.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

Lol thank you :)
I like what you said about them fitting. I think we try to be something we're not sometimes but when we are our true authentic selves everything falls into place easier. I feel you here, Allie.


Posted 3 Years Ago


I am not beautiful...but as a male i can relate...I am a puzzle that even i can't figure out.
sometimes i let the pieces just kind of fit and fall into place or not.
I don't force life.

very clever piece.
j.

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob. :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 16, 2020
Last Updated on August 16, 2020


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Powwow Powwow

A Poem by moog-drika