The Kraken

The Kraken

A Poem by light and ashes

A sea full of stars swimming in the expanse above us. 
A great beast awakes itself from a slumbering sky. 
It swings it's giant nebula tail. 
A colossal tidal wave of universe spills onto the earth below.....  
Then there was nothing.

© 2023 light and ashes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

They all inside of you ...

Posted 3 Years Ago


"Then there was nothing" ... just a few lines with characters bigger than life .. the Kraken, stars, sky, universe and love the waves .... i was out with my dog at the witching hour and this night sky is so very clear .. with a crisp hint of snow in the air (tho it rarely snows here .. i can smell it on the wind) and i watched those stars ... the Milky Way .. Big Bear, Orion, Sirius .. no Kraken tho ;) going to check out your link now .. strong story telling, big imaging .. very relatable .. wonderfully precise and minimal ..
E.
ps. incredible article .. i wasn't aware of such happenings surrounding the Milky Way .. nice work mixing Science and poetry ..i am a firm believer that are fine bedfellows :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


I read your link first which I found fascinating. Your imagery is dynamic and vivid. The ending, not quite what was expected. Well done.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

Thank you!
You can feel the essence of a great beast that is the sky, like a massive flood, ending our world. I like the poem for having good imagery, but I wish it was a little longer. Still though, short poems often pack a punch, and the best of the best can say much by saying little. This can be double meanings in the words, palindromes, or sharing a small amount of words in such a way that it could be more powerful than a dozen paragraphs. I know you will only continue to improve. Poem by poem. And I'll be here to read them. If you want to tackle the short poem, those particular forms of poems are sort of like perfect ideals to me, that are hard to reach, as we can only get so close. I see your writing so far as powerful, and close to the ideal of a few words hitting harder than a truck. But if you keep writing, I'm sure you will grasp even more. And I'll be here to read your poems as you take the next steps towards whatever writing goals you have. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 3 Years Ago


I heard of this Kraken galaxy that the first tree of our home galaxy has been reconstructed by an team of international astrophysicists. Deciphering the movements of the 150 globular clusters that orbit the Milky Way.A massive collision billion years ago and earns its name the Kraken. Reminds me of the Titan Movie " "Release The Kraken" saying in a deep respected voice haha. Love the whole poem short and sweet yet powerful and collision of starry emotions exploding enlightenment and ways of understanding our history from Earth just by Observing. Keep writing and a way keeping up with current events :) Sincerely your friend in life and poetry.

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

Hey, you! Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my poem! Your reviews are always top-notch!
Andrew Nelson Stewart

3 Years Ago

It's always a pleasure and it's my only way of showing appreciation for fine pieces. Keep being awes.. read more
light and ashes

3 Years Ago

Awe, I will if you do the same. :P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 16, 2020
Last Updated on March 26, 2023