The Infinity of Us

The Infinity of Us

A Poem by light and ashes

Our conversations were full of pregnant pauses that ended up being still borns.
A silent longing passed between us.
A longing for words to fill the void, but there were none.
All our memories we spilled into the sea, to fade into nothingness.
The infinity of us passed into the next cycle of life to be reborn somewhere else.

© 2021 light and ashes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

conversation is so important, vacant pauses are not... thus our infinity passes on to another world, perhaps the death of a relationship. Great Brevity poem.
Best, B

Posted 2 Years Ago


light and ashes

2 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review.
Betty Hermelee

2 Years Ago

You're very welcome
Yes, sometimes we need reassuring words instead of pregnant pauses.

Posted 2 Years Ago


light and ashes

2 Years Ago

Thank you.
What a beautiful poem, the wording and emotion are so moving - love this piece!

Posted 2 Years Ago


light and ashes

2 Years Ago

Thank you! :)
Whoa... this was gripping from beginning to end! Your usage of language and hard hitting metaphors made this incredible!

Posted 2 Years Ago


light and ashes

2 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :)
Ahh to have loved and it dissipated into a great silence is not an easy thing to deal with. I have experienced this twice in my life on a grand level. It leaves a void,

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

I bet.... Thank you for your review.
dear! These are profound thoughts and feelings, what a coincidence that I'm just writing something about the Ocean. the layers your words create are deep and wise, you didn't write them aimlessly, You wrote each sentence knowing what it means to You, aware of its contents. at the right time, in the right moment, that void will be filled, and then You would know it worthed the wait. wonderful thoughts and wisdom. Thank You*

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

Thank you so much, lightsong. ❤️
'A silent longing passed between us. ~ A longing for words to fill the void, but there were none.'

It was/is so painful to read this deeply and sincerely contrived poem. Your phrasing, the use of physical and emotional sources, far exceed the norm. Seems you're lost somewhere, unable to move. Think you need find kindness to see you through; plus a touch of inspiration too when the time's right. Pain doesn't disappear overnight. Caring hugs, hope and trust are three essential remedies.

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

You are very kind, emmajoy, thank you.
emmajoy

3 Years Ago

Best I can but sincerely meant.
This is so very emotional. Pregnant pauses that turn out to be stillborn.....brilliant concept. Sometimes words can not heal the wounds and it is just time to say goodbye. Indeed, each person will go on with another and hopefully be happy. Well written. Lydi**

Posted 3 Years Ago


When it's over and there is nothing left to say.. A short poem which is beautifully expressed. So much emotion in so few words. Breakups are painful. I felt that here light and ashes. I guess when the pain subsides, the good times can be appreciated more. That is virtually impossible at first though. The memories aren't lost, they are sleeping. They will return.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


light and ashes

3 Years Ago

Thank you.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 6, 2021
Last Updated on December 18, 2021


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Judas Judas

A Poem by LazerRays


Is this real Is this real

A Poem by Nomo