Bucking Ram

Bucking Ram

A Poem by light and ashes

Bucking Ram blinded by male ego. The epitome of toxic masculinity.
Ramming into a brick wall.
Always ready to fight over nothing.

Ego more fragile than glass, yet the only feelings that matter to you are your own.
Whoring after anything that walks.

You constantly lash out at everyone else to cover up that there is little to nothing inside of you.

Knowing nothing of beauty or art or poetry.

You follow everything that doesn't have a soul.

Hoping and thinking that the redeeming of your soul is in the next trend or shallow praise away. 

© 2023 light and ashes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There is emotion and frustration showing through in the one. Sometimes we need a little distance to say it all just right.
W.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

light and ashes

1 Year Ago

Yes, you got it.
Thank you for your review.
This poem speaks of two things I think, I perceived it first as a egotistical, selfish person who can't find love and beauty where they look, but can only stir up trouble wherever they walk... then I thought about it some more and in your title you added a sign, so were you talking about the negative character traits of the Aries horoscope? It goes along well too, how they can be selfish, anger prone, they are a fire sign after all. I enjoyed reading!

Posted 1 Year Ago


light and ashes

1 Year Ago

It was, but more specifically the males. I wrote this about one in particular, but I have noticed th.. read more
Aura

1 Year Ago

Oh I see, that makes sense.
ego-centered male masculinity..with not much more inside, poor emotions, want for whoring... knowing nothing of beauty....bucking like a male buck....ready to argue over nothing, and be right about it.
Good, strong words, beating up masculinity....love it!
Best, B.

Posted 2 Years Ago


light and ashes

2 Years Ago

This is not beating up masculinity.. just in it's negative form.
This sweet look into f#####g man...
Brings out fire cracker in this stirred up
smoldering right!

Not boringly sad scorn scribbled makbelive that passes around here.

Gonna have to rate 100.





Posted 2 Years Ago


light and ashes

2 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed it! This is kind of a roast, which honestly,.. read more
Ah toxic masculinity and ego. There are many bucking rams to be found. Thank goodness rams aren't all tarred with the same brush. You paint a picture here light and ashes of someone I would prefer not to encounter. No mincing your words here.

Chris

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 22, 2022
Last Updated on April 20, 2023


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..