Meet Again

Meet Again

A Chapter by R E Tree
"

Love takes over all humans

"

I saw you standing next to a bar

I saw you driving your car

I saw you on magazine covers

The thought of you

 

Makes me see lovers

 

My eyes widen

My mouth drops

My mind feels dreamy

I reach out a photo

 

A memory of you

 

A flash that left you in surprise

You didn't think I would hide

But I was desperate

To have you in my hands

 

As a picture at least

 

Every moment alone

I start dreaming of you

I feel so much excitement

Of sending you my number

 

I make you smile by calling you when I get home

 

If our eyes meet again

That's when I will have my chance

I want to meet you tomorrow

So don't be late

 

Or I'll be waiting for you to come at eight

 

At my home

We will share a bottle

I will cook for you

But please come

 

You can guess how much I need you

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2012 R E Tree


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A strong sense of being needed come from these words, perhaps the person is really coming or perhaps its all just a painful dream never to be fulfilled.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ach, you make me want to be esp nice, so that my loved one might think a little like that of me. I can't be sure that I will succeed, but the notion of your poem makes me thing the effort will be worth it. Well done. Your poem reminds me of what love is.

Posted 13 Years Ago


very nice poem. great work. I truly love it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jim
Great poem. I like the stanza arrangements--four line stanzas followed by one line stanzas seem to fit the mood well. I also like the repetition of "I saw" and "My" in the opening stanzas. On the constructive criticism side, I'd recommend some more detail toward the end, maybe some images or scenes. For instance, you could specify a bottle of what, and what exactly the speaker will cook. I love detail when it comes to food--that's my readerly bias, I guess.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice Work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I saw the first lines and thought of a magazine picture of a model of sorts, then as I got lower I then saw something else. Two meanings I received. yet each came form one feeling. The desperation, yes, of a love for someone they can't have. The feeling of loosing control in a way, begging, reaching out.. All in all, I really liked this. it says allot on what many woman and men, feel in today's times when they fall for someone they can not have.

Mags xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


You had me going for a moment with the first 5 lines - I thought I'd see a pattern with the shape of the poem and the rhyming scheme... maybe it would be fun to try to mimic these lines with a pattern in mind. The shape (4 line stanzas interrupted with single line stanzas) is easy to read, almost creates a sense of serenity, which the subject doesn't of course. I think I'd look at lines 9 and 20 (one needs a 'for' and the other might be shortened for eye and ear appeal). Overall, a well done piece of writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This piece does indeed scream desperate. I mean, it's a good poem voicing desperation, and it flows real well, but I don't like it. It's just not my taste, with that said. IT is in fact a great poem, It flows easily, it's got a great idea, and it has great words. You are indeed a fantastic writer, keep it up.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This write has a little edge of desperation but over all it has a positive feel to it. I'm sure as soon as he gets there the edge will be gone. Amazing job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TAO
To have you in my hands
As a picture at least

I liked these two lines. This hints at how clever you are. Overall, the poem was beautiful, as you likely know. These are words to soothe a beast, you know. Very good.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1060 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 24, 2010
Last Updated on June 28, 2012
Tags: romance, love, partner, dating, beauty


Author

R E Tree
R E Tree

West Yorkshire , United Kingdom



About
But what did I do To deserve this? From you Of all people My love, Can't you see What you have done to me? © Rosie E Crabtree all rights reserved 2022 🔥 ———&md.. more..

Writing
Seeking me Seeking me

A Poem by R E Tree



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love Love

A Poem by HorrorMaster


Battling Burma Battling Burma

A Poem by Bubo


Sam Sam

A Poem by HorrorMaster