dear billy joel.

dear billy joel.

A Story by felicia ojeda
"

is about my enlightment with music.

"
Music. There’s to many categories to count and to many people to listen to. But, until you listen that one song that changes your whole perspective your really not experiencing the strain. I had recently went to a billy Joel tribute, where there was a band replicating the original songs from billy Joel. I was volunteering at the time so, I just wanted to get this activity done with. However, once I tuned myself into the music, I found my body traveling through the notes of the guitarist strings. I almost envisioned the members as myself, the music was so harmonizing and so majestic. The saxophone noise whistled through all my brain, touching my soul, leading to my spirit. I smiled and materialized that this is is why band members live, and die to play music. Later, I couldn’t put together why such a small en-diver could change my mood and outlook on life. For some reason I thought of my astrology sign and how contrasting it was my life, and if you don’t know the ‘stereotype’ for a Aquarius is to be a humanitarian. In my enlighten moment I disclosed that music is who you are, the more you listen and deeper you understand it the closer to get to you inner self. You inner musical genius.

© 2015 felicia ojeda


Author's Note

felicia ojeda
ready slowly and sink it in. it not a story more of a experince.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Billy Joel knows the flow of life. (Almost) Everything he does is new, in a different direction of what he did before, grows his creation away from the stagnation of repetition. Many artists could learn a lot from his philosophy.

Glad it touched you so.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 11, 2015
Last Updated on April 11, 2015
Tags: story, shortstory, music, insirpations, goodvibes, billyjoel

Author

felicia ojeda
felicia ojeda

Naugatuck, CT



About
i like to write about the good things in life. 1999 more..