Catch the Eye of an Angel

Catch the Eye of an Angel

A Story by Deidre

 You went behind my back and kissed her and called her. You two had a ton of laughs on my behalf; I thought you were the one and that we might just be forever. I never thought that about anyone else, although with you I did.

         Tell me, though, because you at least owe me this. Were all the kisses and hugs real? Were those promises even meant to be kept? Funny thing is, is that I didn’t believe one except that you would treat me right. You couldn’t even keep that promise.
                Was it all for nothing? Was it even real? Or did you just play me for fun?
                You never seemed like the type to go behind my back; I trusted you and this is what I got? I don’t know how you could charm like a snake, or that the bite would be this painful.
                You can keep all that bullshit to yourself and crawl back to the hole that you crawled out of.
                Put all your apologies are outside the door, where they belong.  I can't waste my time on you anymore; I've fallen much deeper than this before.
         Can't say I'm selfish, I'm just trusting my heart. I know what I want and it tears you apart. So don't worry about me, I’m not thinking of you .My days are filled with too much to do.The whole world is waiting for me to explore; I can't waste my time on you anymore.
         No more regrets; no sadness. You're not the first man and you're not the last man. Somehow you had me trapped in your web; but it won't be raining when I lay my head down.
         You told me things of love, you promised me treasure. You said the sun would shine and you would be all mine. You told me to go fast and that this thing would last.But when I caught you it hurt, you had no excuse.
         Why should I believe you when you do those things you do to me ?Why should I believe you when I trusted you made a fool of me? Why should I believe you when I know its you, me and she? Give me one good reason why I should not leave?
              I thought the love in you'd be true and set me free. You said the love was suppose to set me free. I didn’t deserve to fell this pain and feeling down Tell me why, boy tell me why.
 

© 2008 Deidre


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on May 4, 2008

Author

Deidre
Deidre

plymouth



About
I am finally over my slump of not being able to write, so I will be on a lot more. I have written a few reviews and can not wait to read more of your poems, and stories. My newest poem, "My Drummer", .. more..

Writing
Clock Clock

A Poem by Deidre


My Drummer My Drummer

A Poem by Deidre


I am I am

A Poem by Deidre