What I wished

What I wished

A Poem by deepblue04

What I wished happened when I was little.....

 

I wished my dad would play so playfully with me.

I wished my dad would have a nickname for me

I wished that I could tell anything to my dad...

 

I wished that I didn't have to be so tough.

I wished that I wasn't the oldest.

I wished that I wasn't expected so much.

 

I wished that my mom could understand me.

I wished that she could've eased up on me.

I wished that she let me be socially active....

 

These are some things that I thought of,

but I knew that they were trying to provide a good life for me.

But I kind of need somewhere to vent,

if you know what I mean...

© 2012 deepblue04


Author's Note

deepblue04
thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I know how you feel, about wanting to be more social. I'm not even allowed to have a FB or a twitter (not that I don't have one anyways, but still, if they find out they'll kill me)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sometimes the deepest thoughts come out in the simplest form. Venting, emotions, regrets...it's all there in one poem. But a very beautiful poem, even if only a lament. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I can relate to parts of this, I think most people can. Great job. Venting or not, it's a great poem. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I am the oldest sibling also. I have a little brother and because he is such a slacker of the family, my parents always expect me to be the best. And the way I see it, that doesn't really bother me because I know that when I do my best they are proud to call me their daughter and they are happier because of it. In my eyes, they want me to succeed because in return so will they. That's just what I tell myself when I start to feel like this and it makes me feel better in the end. :)


Posted 11 Years Ago


deepblue04

11 Years Ago

thanks
Being the oldest I find it really easy to relate to this. Its encouraging to know there are people in similar situations and even more so when we understand that all they want is really the best for us. Well written and straight to the point.

Posted 11 Years Ago


deepblue04

11 Years Ago

thanks!
My parents seem the same way. But I'm the youngest; people don't realize it's just as hard as being the oldest... I'm sure your parents just wanted you to have more oppertunities than they might have had. c:

Posted 11 Years Ago


deepblue04

11 Years Ago

thanks!
xxxrawr_friendxxx

11 Years Ago

No problemo. :3
Your poem states the feelings of many of the youth in today's society. There are far too many parents who should have done much more, just as there are many kids who should show more appreciation. But we're all imperfect, flawed and crippled in different ways. I like the way you ended some of the lines with ....

Posted 11 Years Ago


deepblue04

11 Years Ago

thank you!
Simple and to the point,its something can relate to...

Posted 11 Years Ago


This poem is outstanding and so amazing, but its sad at the same time.
Thank you for sharing this magnificent poem.
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


deepblue04

11 Years Ago

thanks!
It is hard being a parent. Children need attention and sometime hard to find time. I like your thoughts. Good to write down these thoughts. Maybe you can be a better parent one day. We can learn by the mistakes of other. A strong ending to a excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


deepblue04

11 Years Ago

thanks!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

543 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 29, 2012
Last Updated on July 29, 2012

Author

deepblue04
deepblue04

DeRidder, LA



About
Hi! My name is Susan. I love reading and writing poetry! I will accept any friend request and will review any type of writing. I like to listen to k-pop/rock, rock. Blue is my favorite color. M.. more..

Writing
Winter Winter

A Poem by deepblue04


That one day That one day

A Chapter by deepblue04



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..