That one day

That one day

A Chapter by deepblue04

I knew this day was going to come.  I knew that someone was going to come after me.  I have let my guard down a lot since my last mission.  However, I was taking a break right now.  But, why would someone attack an agent that is on a break? This is really cheezy for a villian, just cheezy.
I am a special agent for the FBI. I am one of the few FBI agents that are under 18.  After my last mission, I decided to take some time off and go to a regular high school and live with my parents.  Everything was going fine until today.
I was watching for the bus.  I was talking to Zach and Steven (my two best guy friends).  I was standing close to a brick wall with my back facing the wall in the quad of the high school.  I was feeling a bit paranoid, like someone was going to attack someone soon.  Just so I could figure out if I was wrong or right, I pulled out a mirror from my bag.  I saw a mysterious figure on the roof of the school just south of where I was.  Man, I thought I was safe here.  My friends must have realized something was up.
"Serenity, Is something wrong?" Zach asked.
"Yeah, you don't look so good." Steven said.
I had a countdown going on in my head.  It was counting how much time it was going to take the person to pull on the trigger.  I was going to be fine taking the bullet.  I just couldn't let my friends get hurt.  A second before the guy pulled the trigger, I pushed Zach and Steven out of the way.  Then, the bullet hit my shoulder, just where I wanted it to go to.
Even though the pain was on so many scales of pain, I know I had to hide.  I sat down with the back against the brick wall.  I placed my hand over the wound so I could apply some pressure.  Zach and Steven quickly went to my side on either side of the wall.  The masked figure was still firing shots at the wall.
"What was that?"  Steven asked.  The figure was still firing.
"To tell you the truth, I have no idea, but it was a good thing I saw him."  I said in between breaths.
"Serenity, we need to get that bullet out of your shoulder." Zach said.
"Yeah, let's go to the building. Follow me."  I said.  The three of us were quietly going toward the school.  When we got to the building, Zach carried me as we went to the JROTC classroom.  When we got to the classroom, Zach set me down close to the arms room.  I pulled a bobby pin from my hair and started pick the lock.  It took me about 30 seconds to pick it.
"How?" Steven said in a whisper.
"I'll explain it once we get inside." I said.  I checked the knob to verify that no one could get in, but we could get out.  The three of us got in.  Zach closed the door after we got in.
"Spill it." Zach said.  We all sat down and trying to feel comfortable except for Zach, he was looking for something before he sat down.  
"You guys may not believe it, but I am a secret agent for the FBI." I said.
"Wait, how?" Steven said.
"I'm one of the few agents that are under 18.  I got recruited at the age of five, and been in training until my first mission at the age of 13."  I said.
"So, did you tell the truth whenever you said your dad is in the army?" Zach asked getting closer to me.
"Yes." I said. He looked to see where the bullet was at.
"Okay. I'm going to take the bullet out.  Are you ready?" Zach asked.
"Go ahead."  I said.  Zach quickly took out the wound with a pair of tweezers from a first aid kit he found.  Steven got a clean P.T. shirt from one of the boxes, and started to clean the the wound on both side. 
"Thank you"
"We're not done yet." Zach said.  He took another shirt and started to cut it.  After he was done cutting, he started to wrap my shoulder.  He also made a sling for me.
"Why does this keep on happening to me?" I said to myself.
"What?' Steven asked.
"Having this happen." I pointed to my shoulder. "I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a mission soon."
"What does that mean?" Zach asked.
"That means I have to leave.  For once, I just wanted to be normal.  I had the craziest childhood.  Now, I'm 17 and I'm probably going to live my life as I'm living it right now."  I said.  Tears were starting to form in my eyes.
"It'll be okay.  At least you get to be normal once in a while."  Zach said putting me in an embrace.
"But I don't get to experience it.  Every day I feel paranoid as to whether or someone is trying to kill me or I have a mission coming up." I said.
"And I wanted to be in the CIA." Steven said.
"It's better as an adult because people are dedicating their life to being an agent.  As a child, fear is a factor that comes to play as to whether or not they like it."  I said looking at him.  Zach was still holding me.
"How did get recruited in the first place?" Zach asked.  He pulled from the embrace.
"When I was five, I was still able to speak some Korean before I forgot for a while.  I was going to kindergarten.  I was living with my grandparents at the time.  The school realized after a while that I was gifted.  I was able to quickly answer the questions that other kids wouldn't.  I don't know how the FBI got my file though, but I remember whenever they came to my grandmother's house.  On that day, they perform my test on me to see if I had some potential.  During the memory part, I scored really high.  They compared that to a typical five year old.  They notice that I had a really high level of photographic memory.  They asked my grandmother if they could perform some more test.  She agreed.  After more test, they put me into the program that I am in now."
"This is a lot to take in." Steven said.
"Would you be in trouble for having us know your truth?" Zach asked.
"I don't think so, but you guys might be agents."  The FBI are low on agents like me.  They probably would want someone like Zach.  Zach is a football player, over six foot tall, and had martial art experience.  I am not so sure about Steven though.  He is a couple inches shorter than six feet and had some boxing experience.  However he is really well built.
"How much longer do we have to stay here?" Steven asked.  I looked at my watch.  It was 4:10 pm.  The attack happen at 3:15.  We are defiantly going to be here for while.
"Well, it's 4:10  right now.  I say about 3 or 4 more hours."  I said.
*sighs of relief* "I don't have football practice today."  Zach said.
"Perfect timing, I know."  I said. "Is there any other questions you guys wanna ask?"
"Nah."  They both said.
I closed my eyes and fell asleep. 


© 2012 deepblue04


Author's Note

deepblue04
This started out as a dream, but I evolved it into this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the emotion in this piece very direct but very mysterious i enjoy reading this i hope you make more like these, because this piece is very interesting

Posted 11 Years Ago


Despite the spelling errors which i understand is going to happen ,its writing and everybody including myself messes us time and time again . But as far as the point you were trying to get across ,i mean there was times when you gave strong emotion in the characters ,i mean for a person to take a bullet out just like that i love the boldness in the character you showed. Besides you wrote all this from everything you remember in a dream if thats not pretty impressive than i don't know what is now and days,great work and memeory.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dreams can create good writing material. I was amused and captivated by this. Nice write, friend. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


"This is really cheezy for a villian, just cheezy" That line really made me LOL so hard, and I don't know why, its just the way you put it made it sound very humorous to me.

Posted 11 Years Ago


dreams are excellent fodder for writing. a little polishing and finesse and this is a true winner. you have a nice imagination, use it with future writes.

Posted 11 Years Ago


So it's a very intrigueing start... the only thing I would change is that there are too many "was" and "I" s. Also, maybe add a little more description to spice it up a bit or some background information. Describe her story, how she felt, and so on. Other than that you have something really amazing if you just put more deph, oomph into it, emotions. Dreams, glad you wrote it down, because they are the best creative devices. Keep up the good work ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I was confused about having to shoot someone. I thought Serenity only sensed that someone was there. Otherwise, I thought the set up of the story was good and you gave a very basic background which is all that's needed so that we know what's going on. But it seems too factual and unemotional. Wanting to be normal when they were inside - she cried but it didn't feel like there was any build up of emotion. As I read more, I think you start to overload with information. I think you should take some of this info out and spread it out among your next chapters because the basic info that you gave initially was good enough for me. She doesn't seem to be in much pain from the bullet either. It's almost forgotten. Be careful about spelling too 'definitely' is correct. But yeah, I wanted to read this more than mose stuff and I liked the length. I think 3 characters is a good number to work with but it almost feels like they're padding out the story because they're just there so she can talk, does that make sense?

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think its a dream with a good plot :) The only thing I suggest you revise is the use of "I was" in the second paragraph. In my opinion I think you could phrase a few of those sentences better. Otherwise the idea seems interesting. Write more.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

474 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 26, 2012
Last Updated on November 26, 2012


Author

deepblue04
deepblue04

DeRidder, LA



About
Hi! My name is Susan. I love reading and writing poetry! I will accept any friend request and will review any type of writing. I like to listen to k-pop/rock, rock. Blue is my favorite color. M.. more..

Writing
Winter Winter

A Poem by deepblue04



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Peace Peace

A Poem by Coyote Poetry