The Strangers

The Strangers

A Chapter by Yaoi Queen 333
"

This is pretty much taken from that movie "The Strangers".

"

I groaned in annoyance as I stared at the address of the white enveloped letter.

How could this happen again? I wondered.

The mailman had once again delivered the Rodel’s mail to us. I didn’t see how he could keep doing that, considering that not only is our name Jeason, but that the Rodel’s are also ten houses away from us.

“Great,” I muttered sarcastically to myself, starting my way down the quiet street to the Rodel’s. The sun was already high in the sky for nine in the morning. The colors had faded from their mixtures of oranges and pinks and purples to bright blue.

A nice Saturday morning and I had to get the mail because my parents were still asleep and deliver the correct mail to the right house because the stupid mailman couldn’t pay attention to the addresses printed on front.

The Rodel’s house was finally coming into view. Unlike most of the houses on the street, theirs was more off to the side. You’d think from the spot it was in that it was abandoned, but it wasn’t.

I had seen the Rodel’s a few times and knew a few things about them. They were a married couple of only five months. The wife was pretty with long dark brown hair and a very thing supermodel-like figure. Her husband wasn’t very well muscled, but had a good built to his body, with thick dirty blond hair.

As I got closer, the whole house came into view, but I stopped abruptly at the sight in front of me.

The Honda Civic that was normally parked in their driveway was across from their house on the other side of the street, the back of it facing my directing.

The back of the car had been completely smashed in and the glass of the window had been broken as well. I could see pieces of glass on the ground glistening in the sunlight.

I looked at the house and saw the front door was wide open.

It slowly sunk in that something was very wrong. Their car looked like it had been rammed into. It didn’t look like someone had broken in. And the front door standing wide open like that . . .

I sucked in a deep breath and felt my pulse begin to quicken as I made my way over to their front door. I made my way into the entry hall of the house, wondering what happened. My eyes glanced around nervously yet quickly. The house was silent and nothing made it seemed like there was a break-in.

Gripping the Rodel’s mail tightly, I took a left and gasped at what I saw.

A large bloodstain was splattered onto the wall of the hallway. A trail was dripping down and forming a small puddle the size of a golf ball on the floor.

The mail slipped out of my trembling fingers as I raised my hand to my mouth. My stomach began to churn at the sickness of the sight. My heart was thudding faster in fear at wondering: what happened? Whose blood was it? Where were the Rodel’s?

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself and think rationally. I needed to do something. I needed to call the police. Or an ambulance. Or someone!

“Hel-lo-lo?”

Did I just hear something? I held my breath and listened intently. Was it just my imagination?

The house was once again silent except for the thudding of my heart. My whole body was quivering with fear, wondering what the hell had happened in this house.

“Hel-lo?”

Yes! I did hear a voice! I couldn’t recognize the voice. It was raspy and dry, like the sound of leaves scrapping against each other.

I took deep breaths, and followed the direction of where I had heard the voice. I walked past the blood, but as I passed it I couldn’t stop staring at it. I couldn’t stop wondering who was missing such a large amount of blood and what had happened to them. There was no body, so how . . .

I took a right and froze in the doorway of the living room. My eyes grew wide in shock at the image in front of me, a large gasp escaped my throat and I was shaking with fear all over again.

The Rodel’s were only a few feet away from me. They were both tied to chairs sitting side by side. Mr. Rodel’s head was hanging down; his white dress shirt had a large bloodspot right below his chest. Mrs. Rodel’s head was hanging down as well. Her long hair disheveled and her long white nightgown seeped with a large bloodspot as well.

“Oh my God,” My voice came out in a whisper.

They were dead.

Who did this? Why?

Mrs. Rodel’s head twitched to the left. Then the right. Then she slowly lifted her head up. Her eyes were partially closed, but they stared right at me.

“Help,” her voice was dry and raspy, like after screaming a lot.

I forced my legs to move and rushed over to her. My knees gave way and I dropped down on them, placing my hands on her knees for support of not falling completely to the ground.

“Mrs. Rodel?” I whispered her name in fear. “What-what happened? Who did this to you? Why is there blood on the hallway wall? What happened to your car?”

Mrs. Rodel’s glazed brown eyes stared into mine. She opened her mouth, but the only thing that came out was a raspy noise.

I could tell she was trying to tell me something, but what?

“Mrs. Rodel?” I could feel my body become tense with fear. “Please, what are you trying to tell me?”

Her voice was a dry whisper as she stuttered, “Be-be-be,” her head moved around from side to side, her eyes kept closing but she kept on trying to keep them open.

“Be what?” I practically screeched at her, digging my fingers into the softness of her gown.

“Hind,” she rasped, her head tilting to the left and stayed. Her hair fell completely over her face.

“Be . . . hind?” I questioned confusedly. What did that mean?

A chill went up my spine as I finally realized what she had meant.

And I turned around in time to see an axe come swinging at my face.                                             



© 2009 Yaoi Queen 333


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG that scared the s**t out of me man GOOD JOB 10 out of 10

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow! That was creepy too! Even creepier than the last chapter! It makes me want to read more! What a great chapter! One minute, you're recieving other people''s mail and going to deliver it to them, and the next, you're getting an axe swung at you! What a cruel world!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 7, 2009


Author

Yaoi Queen 333
Yaoi Queen 333

New Milford, CT



About
There's not much to say. Sixteen. Female. Write gay/lesbian and horror stories. Tries to post stories on any site I can. Loves criticism. Loves Asian horror and older horror movies. Hates Tw.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Yaoi Queen 333