Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Ankit Mahar
"

An argument between the Leader of the large group, The Shadow and his best man, named Aron.

"
24th December 1997.
Inside an underground facility situated near the Nicobar islands, forty feet under the ground.
A hot argument was on it's way between the leader of the secret group called 'The Shadow' and his best man named Aron. 
"You know very well that it will result in the death of millions of innocent people." said Aron as he moved around the big dome shaped chamber which was full of wires. So many wires that it seemed that the dome was made of wires itself. There were only three people in the room. The leader, his loyal servant who was a Thenon named Christian, and Aron who was a Thenon as well, the best in his species tough.
"I know that very well." replied the leader sitting in the chair in the centre of the room. 
"And you still want to do it." 
"It's not like that. I would rather say that I don't have a choice. If you want to gain something then you have sacrifice something in return." said the leader as he signalled Christian to take off the wires connected from his back.
"But what if we fail. What would happen then. The lives of millions of innocent people would have been lost for nothing. What will you do then?"
"I don't think that we will fail. Because humans will follow me. I don't care if they follow me out of loyalty
 or out of fear. I know they will follow me. But in case we fail. I will have to start the process all over again."
"You mean that you'll have to kill all those millions people all over again."
"If that's how you see it, then fine. But do realize the fact that we gave a choice to the leaders of humans but they declined. Moreover, who do you think am I doing this for. It is all for the sake of the human species." He then rose from his metallic chair, the only furniture in the whole room and walked towards his best man. "I have seen this world Aron. And I know a lot more about it than you. I know how people think. I know what they think and I know what they want. 
This world of ours has been divided in several pieces by religions, by societies, by countries, by languages, by beliefs, by status and by a lot other things. 
A child in America waste more food than he eats while there are kids in Africa who starves to death. 
A war between two tribes, recently, lead to the death of thousands of innocent people. All because their leader had different beliefs.
A child can't go to school because his parents can't afford it while there are others rich brats who skip there classes to watch movie on theatres.
As much as they want, a middle class person from person in India can't afford to go to the western countries for a vacation because it's way too much costly for him to afford. While western people come to the eastern countries without much efforts.
Moreover, this our earth, then why have we divided it in so many different countries. Why can't a person who is born in earth go anywhere out of his country without all those papers.
This world as you know it doesn't have any order and it is going towards it's own destruction. Humans have built weapons too powerful for their own good. It's only a matter of time that they use it against one another. And you know the bad part about it; no outer power is going to come and save mankind.
That's why I have taken the sacred duty to bring order in this world."
"By project Unity..." interfered Christian. But as soon as he realized what he had done, he apologised.
"Yes." continued the leader." Project Unity is the way I came up with to save this world.
Project Unity is very simple. Unite the whole world. There won't exist any country, there won't exist any religion, there will only be one language, there won't be any discrimination.
The end result will be a totally united world with united people."
"But people will resist and you know that. They won't give up their country, their religion, their martial status, and their beliefs so easily."
"That's why you are here. We will sacrifice those who don't come along."
"By sacrifice you mean killing innocent people."
"No one is innocent Aron. Everyone has a hand in dividing this world."
"Do you really think so?"
"Do you know what people values the most." said the leader, ignoring Aron's question.
"What?"
"There own lives. If we set up an example by killing those millions at the start then there won't be more casualties afterwards. As I said earlier; people will follow me; with loyalty or with fear."
"But what if they still persist?" asked Aron.
To this statement, the leader took on a aggressive look, came closer to Aron; as close as he could get and whispered "I will Unite this world, even if I have to stand upon a pile of ashes. I will complete Project Unity at all costs. Nothing else matters to me."
Then within a matter of seconds, he and Christian left the room; leaving Aron alone in the huge room; deep in thoughts.


© 2014 Ankit Mahar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Congratulations, for your venture first of all. This prologue has done what it is supposed to do. It has incited me to read further. The setting has led me to ask questions which is good and I believe they will be answered as I read further. And as far as I can understand, this prologue is trying to convey the genuine and equally powerful vindication of what is considered as evil here. This makes the stand of evil quite deep like the Joker in 'The dark knight'. I'll keep reviewing as I read further. Thanks

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is a very intriguing prologue you've got going. The ever-intriguing concept of moral ambiguity is pervasive. I am excited to see what further things you have devised

Posted 9 Years Ago


When the leader takes on an "aggressive look", I responded best. Good structure Ankit. Good pacing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ankit Mahar

9 Years Ago

Thanks for your time :-)
I remember from my reading that this is about unity and teamwork. I know why some people need more or less of this or that and people must be gently prodded into some things that they are not used to or they will not be able to make what changes are needed whether slight or drastic. I am convicted by your characters that we must be all for one, and one for all. It's very difficult but possible to unite the world, the countries first. If everyone could just travel anywhere anytime they want there would be no one to be the expert in various locales; there would be no one to man the trains or the airports and buses, etc. Or maybe, though people should be able to get out and explore, see things, meet people when they can and have the energy, make improvements, grow, these are basic things too. There is much more than that in this Prologue but that is what first comes to mind to me to say for reviewing

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ankit Mahar

9 Years Ago

Yeah that's a good point there Laura. If someone have a dream of uniting the world then it won't be .. read more
Despite a very few number of errors, this story is off to a wonderful start. Try to put a bit more spacing in between paragraphs. However, that's just a personal preference. That itself, is perfectly fine the way it is. I look forward to reading more. Keep up the great work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ankit Mahar

9 Years Ago

Yeah. Thanks for your review. And thanks for that suggestion. That's a good idea. Why didn't I thoug.. read more
a great writing but a few grammar issues. im pretty sure its spelled aaron. but otherwise it has alot of potential. You have a great talent. You should keep up writing. Your skill in setting a premise and keeping the reader interested is amazing


Posted 9 Years Ago


Ankit Mahar

9 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for your time to read and write a review for my novel. I deeply appreciate it. And it i.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

361 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 26, 2014
Last Updated on November 26, 2014
Tags: sci-fiction


Author

Ankit Mahar
Ankit Mahar

Pithoragarh, India



About
My name is, as you've already read in my profile, Ankit Mahar. My aim is to become the world's greatest writer. If you want to send me a read review then please message me. I am not very good at rev.. more..

Writing
chapter 1 chapter 1

A Chapter by Ankit Mahar



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..