Sometimes we Forget

Sometimes we Forget

A Story by Annalisa
"

Written in November, 2008.

"

            Sometimes we forget. We get caught up in work, school, friends and commitments… and we forget. We’re so worried about what we need to do next to make sure tomorrow comes. Worried about when we last called our family, and when do we need to again. Worried about whether or not we remembered to feed the cat. Worried that we’ll forget something important.

But in all this worrying about things we forget the most important thing there is. We forget who we are, what we want, and were we’re going that we end up stuck. Stuck in the same job, same house, same relationship. Never happy, and always worrying. We forget where we’ve come from and where we’re going. And if we leave it long enough, we forget that we’ve ever forgot in the first place. 

© 2008 Annalisa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

yes ,i feel the same ..sometimes i worry about silly things all the time it drains all my powers..to a degree that i forget this all is a rat race ..it distracts me from thinking in a right way ,whats all this leading to ,am i going the right way..or just stumbling through a road that i had to walk to the end,its both silly and sad,but we do get stuck ..yes..
good write ..felt this way a lot

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This sounds like something a professional psychologist would say to one of his patients, if a little on the informal side. Worry is the thing that makes us human, almost like (as a very crude example) how the pain a masechist inflicts upon himself is what keeps him on the ground, the thing that reminds him that he is human.

Good piece of advice and a great passage.

Luke :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


I worry constantly .....This poem make several important points but the most important is that you cant let worrying keep you stuck in the same place.I liked this poem it gave me a lot of food for thought. Sometimes I wonder why I worry so much about stupid s**t, in the end it can end up stunting you. Excellent write

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really liked this.
It explains so much in so little. We forget many things in our daily lives. But, I do beleive everyone forgets who they are. Thus we end up dragging across the earth, confused about what we should do.

-looks down slightly- At times I often wonder, who I am.

But I don't gorget much in my life though. I try not to think of the future or of thigns I need to do. The present is most important. Without action then, the future is just a time waiting to be discovered.

Beautiful work again -hugs-

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very true. Famous line that I love and think holds so much truth. "When we are young dreams are what causes us to reach for the stars, as adult dreams are the things we wished we had done" I think there is a point if your not careful where your dreams become something you no longer strive to reach but become a regret. I am a dreamer and will never stop. Even if I reach my dreams I will just dream of something more. LOL

Great Job!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

simple, this is a new powerful theme, and yet the message is strongly and effectively conveyed.

Great fundamentals.

Very crisp

a great piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This piece made me think about the move ,,Fight club,, ( you've seen it right ? ) , in witch the rebelion against the system is taken to extremes.
It's true that realism kills dreams, so I totally agree with wath you wrote.

A.M.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

yes ,i feel the same ..sometimes i worry about silly things all the time it drains all my powers..to a degree that i forget this all is a rat race ..it distracts me from thinking in a right way ,whats all this leading to ,am i going the right way..or just stumbling through a road that i had to walk to the end,its both silly and sad,but we do get stuck ..yes..
good write ..felt this way a lot

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is such an important message.
It's true, people try so hard to get things going in their life
but than they forget were they wanted to end up in the first place.
Wonderful piece.
You did an excellent job.
-Elissa :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I could not agree with you more. It's something to really think about. Food for thought

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

560 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 21, 2008

Author

Annalisa
Annalisa

Washington DC



About
Hey ya'll. Honestly Bios always kinda creep me out, I mean what do you say to people that you've never met? Or even if you do know them how do you describe yourself in anything other that "I'm Annalis.. more..

Writing
Anxiety Anxiety

A Poem by Annalisa


Pre-Life Pre-Life

A Poem by Annalisa



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Defeat Defeat

A Poem by Annalisa