Mouse in the Car

Mouse in the Car

A Story by annapearlsattic
"

An unwelcome visitor

"

As a wedding present, my parents gave us the car that I used when I was in high school. It was a green 1963 Chevy Impala that I named "Irene, The Green Machine.". Shortly after the wedding, I was driving to work and it was raining hard. Unfortunately, Irene's windshield wipers were on the fritz. As I was creeping along, trying to see the narrow country road, I looked down at the hump on the floor boards between the front seats. There, sitting on his haunches and looking at me, was a little brown mouse.

I was born and raised a country girl. I take pride that I have personally reached into a cow to turn a calf. I have been run over a fence by a bull. I have been attacked by numerous roosters. (They hate me!) However, the day the mouse appeared in my car, I dissolved. I opened the car door and got out quickly. Unfortunately, the car was still moving. The result of completely losing my mind was some significant road rash, a car in the ditch with a blown tire and a never to be seen again mouse.

I'm not certain why he didn't like living in Irene. It may have something to do with the wild ride he took through a rough Wyoming barrow ditch. 


All rights reserved

Copyright by AnnaPearlsAttic,LLC unpublished works 2016

annapearlsattic@yahoo.com

annapearlsattic.BlogSpot.com


Written By Sherone Taylor



© 2016 annapearlsattic


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
Added on June 25, 2012
Last Updated on June 3, 2016
Tags: mouse, car, fear