Part Four

Part Four

A Chapter by anneliese
"

a Twilight Fan fiction that takes place after Breaking Dawn in Renesme's POV

"

The next two weeks passed without incident. My life was still the same monotone it had been for the past 7 years, minus of course those couple of months in my first year with the Voultri. I did what I could to stay busy, watched movies I had already seen, played games I had already played, and I even practiced on the piano again, something that was unnecessary due to the fact that I was almost as good as my father. It was also something that Jacob couldn’t do with me and therefore not something I did often. I did what I could to keep my mind off of my growing need to leave, especially around my father. If he found out that I wanted to leave as badly as I did, everyone else would find out and that was something I didn’t want. I was also very careful not to make any decisions that would tip Aunt Alice off.

I also had to keep my mind off of my new feelings for Jacob. This was much harder to do because it was something I actually enjoyed thinking about. I often found myself daydreaming what it would be like to kiss him, to have his arms wrapped around me forever. I tried to keep these thoughts in check because I didn’t know how my father would react to them. He liked Jacob and considered him to be family but there was a time when that was not so. I still remembered when my father would stare daggers at Jacob and I was afraid that if he thought something was going on with us that those daggers would come back.

Before I knew it, it was my birthday and I was waking up to the smell of steak and the sound of Jacob in the kitchen.

“Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!”

I jumped slightly in surprise of the closeness and suddenness of my mother’s voice.

“Good morning to you too Mom,” I replied, turning over in bed to look at her.

“Here!” she said, shoving a small box toward me, “It’s from your father and me. Happy Birthday!”

I reached for the small box and took it from my mother’s hands.

For someone who hated to celebrate her birthday, she was always ecstatic about mine often going over the top, helping Aunt Alice plan some elaborate party. My birthday always took center stage while hers, just a few days after mine, went unnoticed per her request. My father had even stopped buying her gifts, which of course meant that she got double for Christmas.

   I opened the box to find a sleek key sitting on top of a pile of twenties.

“Thanks Mom. Thanks Dad,” I said with a smile, looking forward to seeing my new car sitting in the garage.

I then swung my legs out of bed and hopped on to the floor to give my mother a hug. I always loved the feeling of being her cold marble arms and unlike those stupid teenage girls in the movies I had been watching to pass the time; I never fought with my mom, ever. I couldn’t say the same thing about my father; we had a few disagreements over the years but nothing major. My mother was someone I could always count on to be there for me.

When I left my mother’s embrace, I ran for the kitchen to see Jacob removing my burrito from the frying pan and placing it onto a plate.

“Perfect timing,” he said as he turned to me with a smile and handed me my plate. He then turned back around and started preparing another burrito for himself.

I sat down onto the counter next to him and shoved the burrito into my mouth for a bite.

“So no ‘Happy Birthday’?” I said as soon as I chewed and swallowed my mouthful of burrito. I then proceeded to take another bite.

“I was getting to that,” he said giving me a quick glance as he was cooking.

“What you get me?” I asked, swinging my legs as I took another bite.

“You’ll have to wait for the party later to get it,” he replied, throwing me a nasty smile.

“Ah! That’s not fair! My mother and father already gave me theirs. Why can’t you give me yours?” I whined, knowing I was fighting a losing battle.

“Well, I’m not your mother or your father, am I?”

“No.”

“Then you’re going to wait.”

“Fine! But I won’t be happy about it.”

“Then let me rephrase. You’re going to wait with a smile. ”

“Smiling doesn’t mean I’m happy.” I plastered a fake smile onto be face but kept my eyes angry “See?”

“Haha. Very funny. Now finish up with that burrito, I have the duty of keeping you occupied until the party starts,” he informed me right before he shoved half the burrito into his mouth which was quickly followed be the other half.

I shoved the rest of the burrito into my mouth, hoped off the counter, and then dumped my plate into the sink. “Hurry up slow poke!” I said over my shoulder as I bounded toward the door.

“Who are you calling slow?” I heard him say as he ran past me and out the door. I quickened my pace and was soon right on his heels. Instead of passing him, I decide to jump and land on his back, wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. Despite my extra weight and the element of surprise, Jacob didn’t slow down.

I reached my hand up to touch his face, letting him know that we were even as he raced through the trees with me on his back.

look out for part five!!



© 2008 anneliese


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

How did he talk to her if he phased? If not phased, he is racing through the trees with her piggy-backed? You said he doesn't phase in front of her. Need to fix that. There are a few grammatical and spelling errors to. Otherwise a very good story so far.

Posted 15 Years Ago


ohhhh nice. can't wait for the next part to come out so I can see what he got her.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

701 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 28, 2008
Last Updated on December 31, 2008


Author

anneliese
anneliese

CA



About
i am an eight-teen year old girl living in sunny california. i dont like it when the weather gets over 85 degrees or when it rains. i love to read. there is nothing like escaping for a couple hours a .. more..

Writing
Miss "It" Miss "It"

A Book by anneliese


Synopsis Synopsis

A Chapter by anneliese


Partners Partners

A Chapter by anneliese