Part Six

Part Six

A Chapter by anneliese
"

a Twilight Fan fiction that takes place after Breaking Dawn in Renesme's POV

"

               “Mom? Dad?” No response, just as I thought. They had already left to go to Carlisle and Grandma’s house for my party. Jake and I had the house to our selves.

               “Well, I should probably leave while you get ready,” Jacob said from behind me, squashing any fantasies that were brewing in my head.

I placed my hand on his cheek, asking him to stay.

“You forget that I need to get ready as well. I can’t show up with you looking dazzling and me all wet and muddy, can I?” he chuckled softly into my ear.

He had a point. I let him know through our connection that he should go and get ready but then come right back!

“That was the plan, see you in a few,” and with that his arms left my waist and I heard the front door open and close.

I let out a sigh and headed toward the bathroom. I turned on the shower and slipped out of my wet and slightly muddy nightgown and let it drop to the floor, ruined. I stepped into the shower, letting the hot water sooth my body and wash off the mud and small pieces of grass off.

Now that I was away from the soothing power of the meadow, my mind drifted back to my discomfort of Forks but I pushed it from my mind, instead I concentrated on shampooing me hair.

I stepped out of the shower, grabbing for the towel hanging on the outside of the glass door. It was a plush towel in forest green, most likely new for I had never seen it before. I wrapped myself in it and plugged in the hair dryer, flipping my head down as I turned it on and waved it towards my hair. I spent the next 20 minutes drying my hair and concentrating on not thinking about dreary Forks.

Soon I was done and I walked out and across the hall into my room. I made my way to the closet and stood staring at my wardrobe, pondering what I should wear. I personally just wanted to throw on a pair of jeans and my new halter top, but I knew that Aunt Alice would be disappointed in my choice of simplicity. With the thought of Aunt Alice in my head, I decided to play dress up for the night.

I pushed a few things aside and looked at my more formal dresses. It wasn’t my whole collection, only my favorites. The rest were in my parents’ closet because mine couldn’t hold anything else.

I looked at my dresses, looking at each one individually. In the end, I was down to four: a pink halter evening gown with rhinestone straps, a black and white one-shouldered dress, a blue, two-toned halter cocktail dress, and a simple red satin hater evening gown.

I was just about to give up trying to decide and pull my jeans out of my dresser when I heard footsteps and a faint heartbeat outside. Soon Jacob was knocking on my door.

“Come in,” I said.

“You’re not ready,” he stated as he walked in and saw me standing there, still in my towel. He then proceeded towards me and wrapped his arms around me, resting his chin on the top of my head.

I twisted my arm back to touch my fingers to his face, letting him know about my dilemma with the dresses.

“I would go with the blue one, it’s short and shows off your legs,” he whispered into my ear.

I turned around to face him; his arms still securely wrapped around me and stood on my toes to kiss him. As the kiss deepened, I moved my hand from his cheek to the back of his neck, and brought up my other hand to meet it.

The kiss ended too soon and Jacob was removing his arms from around me. I unlocked my own arms unwillingly.

“When you’re dressed, we’ll head over,” he said. He gave me another quick kiss and then headed out of my room, closing the door behind him.

I then quickly changed from my towel to my dress. I rummaged through my closet for a pair the pair of matching shoes and then I made some quick changes to my hair as I headed toward the door.

As I entered the living room, I was taken back for a second as I finally noticed what Jacob was wearing. He had on a nice pair of black dress pants with a formal white button up shirt with a blue tie.

“What?” he asked, breaking me free of my shock.

“Never seen you look so dressed up before,” I shrugged.

“I dressed up for your last birthday,” he defended.

“I wouldn’t call a tee-shirt and slacks ‘dressing up’,” I said as I recalled him looking so out of place amongst the rest of my family who had properly dressed up for the occasion.

“Whatever. We better get moving, they’ve been waiting for us.” He then came to meet me, putting my arm through his and then we walked out the door.

 

 

 

 I looked up at the sky and felt my face respond with a smile.

"What?" Jacob asked in a whisper.

“It’s my favorite time of day.”

“Twilight,” he whispered into my ear and then stole a kiss.

 



© 2009 anneliese


Author's Note

anneliese
here is part six!! sorry it took me so long. i hope you enjoy. i will post the pics of her dresses in my photo album for any one who wants to see them!! note that i do not own these characters. ignore spelling and grammar errors

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You are finding your voice better here than with the earlier chapters. Remember the appropriate use of "me" and "my". If they are at Edward and Bella's cottage are they walking to the big Cullen house? Stephanie never gave anyone going to the cottage by car. My impression is that it is in the middle of the forest. You have done a good job picking up SM's voice.

Good interesting write. Do clue the reader on somewhere before here about the uniqueness of Renesme's being.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Totally loved it!!!!! Please write more!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


great story!please make more!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Write more please! It's very well written!

Posted 14 Years Ago


i ahvent read this yet, but im a pretty good story teller, if you want to you can ask me questions and i can help you with your wirters block

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

omg! I love it! It's close enough to be Stephanie's.. No I think that Stephanie's writing and you just copied it :P

I still love it, and I can't wait for more!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

._.

Jeez, this is an awesome story!!!!!! I loved Twilight--before it was a fangirl fad, thank you--and this does well. The occasional voice check needs to be had--who would say what and how type thing, as fanfics need--but all in all, a splendid work. I can't wait to see what happens.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love that little part at the end. very nice story

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is awesome! I love Jake and Renesme's relationship. It's adorable! I'm excited to read more of this story. Your writing is very nice in this story too! I love it :]

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are finding your voice better here than with the earlier chapters. Remember the appropriate use of "me" and "my". If they are at Edward and Bella's cottage are they walking to the big Cullen house? Stephanie never gave anyone going to the cottage by car. My impression is that it is in the middle of the forest. You have done a good job picking up SM's voice.

Good interesting write. Do clue the reader on somewhere before here about the uniqueness of Renesme's being.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

696 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2009
Last Updated on January 16, 2009


Author

anneliese
anneliese

CA



About
i am an eight-teen year old girl living in sunny california. i dont like it when the weather gets over 85 degrees or when it rains. i love to read. there is nothing like escaping for a couple hours a .. more..

Writing
Miss "It" Miss "It"

A Book by anneliese


Synopsis Synopsis

A Chapter by anneliese


Partners Partners

A Chapter by anneliese