The Last Glimpse - Part 2

The Last Glimpse - Part 2

A Story by AP13
"

Haya is moving away and this is the point where Haya and Samrat part ways

"
"Haya , hurry up we're getting late." Her mother said, while trying to close her room's window which seems to be a herculean task, as she was struggling to fold up curtains which were waving in the strong breeze.
"Hurry up , go and pick up your brother. Car is waiting outside." She repeated , this time in more commanding tone , as she managed to control those flying curtains to some degree.
Haya was plugging her phone to charge. Leaving it there, she goes out of the room to pick up his baby brother. She is fighting with an ocean of emotions, she need to get her phone to charge. She knows he is waiting for her, she wants to talk to him. But she can't bail out on her mother. She has to help her move. They are moving to different city today.

She goes to her mother's room , there lay her little brother in a beautiful cradle next to the bed. She lunges slowly over cradle , and looks her brother sleeping soundly. Looking at his struggle free face, she snatched a moment of peace out of her hey-wire life. Takes a deep breath and tears starts rolling down her soft cheeks. She didn't try to stop, she don't want to stop, she is trying to survive. After a moment she wipes away her tears, her eyes are red. She picks up her brother , wrapped in a cozy blanket, sleeping , carefree. She turns around, looks at the room with amazement as memory lane opens up and she falls back into the lake of thoughts, remembering all the moments she had in this room, she remembers her father and wonders what if, he was still alive, would things be different? A shrill call from her mother made her snap out of amazement.

She runs down holding her brother to her bosom tightly, with utmost care so as he wouldn't wake up. "What took you so long?" Her mother inquired, while pulling two traveling bags out of Haya's room. Haya tries to wipe her moist cheeks. She is now thinking about her phone which is still not charged and now she may not get time to charge it and talk to him, she knows how devastated Samrat would be right now.

She moves towards her room, but her mother stops her and asks "Where are you going now? Car is outside.". Haya replies "Ammi, I left my phone and charger inside, it will just be a minute." she said trying not to make eye contact with her, she don't want her to know that she is not happy with everything which is happening right now.
"Don't worry about it, I've packed it in your bag" Her mother replied with her signature calm tone, Haya knew this feeling, she recognizes this behavior very well. Whenever her mother was in distress, she had the tendency to lock herself out and put on a calming mask to hide everything going on in her mind. "And I don't think you need it right now." She said trying covering her distress and failing to some degree. Now Haya has no choice but move into the Car.

Holding her brother, she is lost in her thoughts. She is moving like she is not in her own control and is puppet-ed by someone else. She is aware of the world, but she is not here. The driver opens the car door and she sits in. Her mother enters next and asks the driver to start the Car and move.

She knows this is 'the end' but she has to go.

She is going...

© 2016 AP13


Author's Note

AP13
Grammar maybe off beat and there maybe some typo.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I believe the story has potential but I don't think you've pushed yourself far enough to bring out that potential yet. I would want to encourage you to flesh the story out more at least to give a concrete sense of the emotions both Haya and her mother are feeling. You hinted it but I really couldn't feel it while reading the story.

Anyways, its still a goof read though, just needs more fine tuning and more concrete and evocative emotions to steer the narrative further. Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I believe the story has potential but I don't think you've pushed yourself far enough to bring out that potential yet. I would want to encourage you to flesh the story out more at least to give a concrete sense of the emotions both Haya and her mother are feeling. You hinted it but I really couldn't feel it while reading the story.

Anyways, its still a goof read though, just needs more fine tuning and more concrete and evocative emotions to steer the narrative further. Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 4, 2016
Last Updated on September 4, 2016
Tags: Short stories, Love, Series, Lost, Grim, Heart Break, Samrat, Haya, Samrat-Haya, Romance, Part ways

Author

AP13
AP13

Noida , Noida , India



About
Write to express, write for peace of mind. Living life and want to explore every aspect. more..

Writing