fairy tales

fairy tales

A Poem by Anika

She carries herself with so much caution; as if someone at some point in her life convinced her that people were only out to hurt her and that there wasn't a drop of sincerity in the world. The saddest thing is when she's talking about her hopes and her dreams with so much excitement but then stops half way and her passion is somehow drained from her eyes in only a second; it makes me wonder if another someone at some point in her life told her that she'd never be what she wanted to be and crushed her dreams with their cold hands and made her believe to this day it was all hopeless.


I wish I could make her believe it's not, and tell her that those people in her past filled her head with lies; that they were wrong. But how do you make someone believe in reality when they grew up reading fairy tales?

© 2015 Anika


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You give them an example,because if you go with the flow and are just a part of the show the only place you go is circling the drain...nice poem!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 10, 2015
Last Updated on October 13, 2015
Tags: fairy tales, reality, girl, sad, poetry, life, world, caution, people, humans, psychology

Author

Anika
Anika

Toronto, ON



About
I'm Anika, some people call me niki/nika but I personally don't mind anything. I'm looking forward to reading the work of other writers on this site:) I love writing, reading and playing guitar. I.. more..

Writing
touch touch

A Poem by Anika


page 62 page 62

A Chapter by Anika