Chasing Happiness

Chasing Happiness

A Story by april13
"

*what makes you happy?*

"

Chasing Happiness

It had been said that HAPPINESS is a SUBECTIVE THING.

True.  I couldn’t agree more.

One’s idea of happiness may differ from another.  It is just natural.

One may find happiness in the abundance of money or being adorned with shimmering jewels.  One may find happiness in travelling to beautiful places and eating on expensive restaurants.  It is also common for someone to find happiness in the little things in life that he experiences, simple crazy things.  Nevertheless, that’s how happiness is.  It is always subjective.  Only you and you alone can answer the question, “WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY?”

Thus, it is important for someone to determine what makes him happy.  He must find his identity first in order for him to find out what “happiness” means in his life and where will he find it.

In my case, I’m one of those people belonging on the other side of the spectrum.  I’m one of those who had learned to appreciate the simple things in life.

Specifically, my happiness lies in the hands of the people I treasure the most.

It is when I take a stroll with my best friend.  Rain or shine, our pace never changes whenever we do.  We’d always say that we must maintain or poise and bearing no matter what.  Remnants of our past as frustrated beauty queens, I guess.

It is when I get to share a gallon of ice cream and a box of huge pizza together with five of my closest girl buddies.  We’d couple it with videoke madness or by simply crashing over at one of our friend’s house for a surprise sleepover.

It is when I sit on a bridge with my best boy bud and just watch the stars or when I get to act like a kid around him and he wouldn’t mind at all.

It is when I wake up late at night and try to squeeze myself in between my parents.  Smile, as I notice my brother and sister already there.  Then, as we wake up in the morning, we’d all complain that we weren’t able to sleep at all because it was too crowded and uncomfortable.  We’d complain and tease one another but in reality, we know that we all love it when the five of us are sleeping together.

It is when my two dogs run towards me when they see me every time and they fight over who gets to be “first” (1st one to be bathe, 1st one to be fed, 1st one to be patted and played, 1st one to be taken for a walk).  It’s like having two kids vying for my attention.

It is when I can rest for an entire day and just stay in bed, watching my favorite TV series and animes while eating some chocolates and chips.

That’s it.

These are the precious moments that make me happy.  These are the moments that I will never trade for anything else in this life.  These are the moments that make me feel that I am alive, that I am human, that I am loved, that I am HAPPY.

These are the moments that I had been missing these past two years that I’ve been away from home.  I’m not saying that I had been sad the entire time that I’m away.  It’s just that, the kind of happiness that I feel whenever I am surrounded by the people I love the most is incomparable to any other.  It is irreplaceable.

So, until I can be with them again, there will always be that void inside of me that will make me feel that I am CHASING HAPPINESS.

How about you, WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY?

-April13 2/20/13-

© 2013 april13


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on February 19, 2013
Last Updated on February 19, 2013

Author

april13
april13

Philippines



Writing
She She

A Story by april13


Terrified Terrified

A Poem by april13