In Memorium

In Memorium

A Poem by The Archangel Gabriel
"

As they say, "Parting is such sweet sorrow."

"

In Memorium

 

Parting is never easily done

The solo fishing expeditions

Empty hugs, and

“Returned to sender”

Christmas cards

 

How can you say,

“I love you,”

When all that remains

Is despotic void?

 

© 2008 The Archangel Gabriel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like it. You knew I would. Billions of words have been written about loss and grief and Death. We could add thousands more of our own, if we tried. I find no need to add more to what you have written here. The simplest words sometimes tell the grandest stories.

I might leave the last section as is. . . adding articles just because you think there might be some vague grammar rule somewhere is never a good idea.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

What sad thoughts- this grabs me and makes me think.

How can you say,
"I love you,"
When all that remains
Is despotic void?

So poignantly written, it isn't just the norm kind of grieving, but it holds much deeper thoughts. Excellent writing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So much said in this short piece. It really packs a punch.

How can you say,
"I love you,"
When all that remains
Is despotic void?

Each stanza on its own tells a story, almost like 2 separate poems.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

One of your shorter pieces.
It works well; brevity can be the most effective way to express sometimes; here, it kind of reflects how there isn't much left that is tangible or a comfort.

"The solo fishing expeditions
Empty hugs, and
"Returned to sender"
Christmas cards" - this is quite moving; the idea of trying to recapture that person's company and not being able to, to the point of continuing to send them Xmas cards and hugging...shniff.

Great work.
Thanks for posting it.


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

short and sweet. this piece could go on forever and yet it says everything the way it is. I guess that is kind of like a good-bye. I don't know why you writing "Return to sender" had such an impact on me. I related it to a recent experience when I was saying goodbye to someone, and it's harshness and truth just really hit home.

Nice work!
peace,
Danielle

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is a really simple poem, but it sweet and to the point. I've certainly been through this before, though, but it's probably a more painful feeling than I think. What do I know? I'm just a kid. :P lol Excellent poem!

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I tend to think the void is an illusion created by walls around our heart. Just a perspective. This is a deep painful write beautifully stated. I am so pleased I started with the work for your beloved... This offered a dark mirror to that piece. You really have a powerful pen. Well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Well, thanks.
I was having a happy day, then I read this.
I give up. What's the use of trying when I'm just racing toward the void?
Oh, my sadness....
I'm begging for supernova!!!
Great write.
Have fun.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I liked this. I had a deeper understanding for the message and point of this piece. I have to do the opposite of this and do a return to sender from my stalker and I think it pissed her off even more. The hurt in this piece ca both be read and felt with a perfect clarity.


well Done!!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

"Returned to sender"

Christmas cards

ouch that part. great piece

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Thankfully I told my daddy I loved him the very last time I saw him, a week ago today. But the void is huge. Thank you x Beautiful sorrowful and so true.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

405 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 18, 2008

Author

The Archangel Gabriel
The Archangel Gabriel

Heavensgate, TX



About
My Contributions: A Summary Statement THE PAST I am changing around my area substantially. I am going to concentrate on love, flowers, and cute animals for a while for content... EDITOR'S NO.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..