Navy SEALS

Navy SEALS

A Story by Roger Ferguson II
"

this is a essay i wrote for my creative writing class in 11th grade. it is on another profile of mine, but i've moved it to this one now.

"

Navy SEALs: The Navy’s Best

 

          When the United States goes to war, the Navy is used to destroy enemies under, above or on the sea. The navy also provides assistance to ground troops with their amphibious assault ships and guns. The best of this branch of the SEALs.

          The Navy SEALs can be compared to the Army Rangers. They are the Navy’s Special Operations Unit. Their very name is taken from how they attack sea, air, and land. They are a triple threat to their enemies.

          To be a SEAL is no easy task. It requires strength, endurance, commitment and determination. The first two may be gained, the others must be kept.

          To route out those unfit to be SEALs the Navy has divisesed a physical screen test.The test one must pass to be a SEAL consists of a 500 yard swim, fallowed with a 10 minute rest. Next one must do 42 push-ups in 2 minutes, fallowed by a 2 minute rest. After that is done you are required to do 50 sit ups in 2 minutes, also fallowed by a 2 minute rest. Then one has to complete 6 or more pull-ups in 2 minutes, with a 10 minute rest after. Finally the test ends with a 1.5mile run.

          Passing this test is only 1 requirement to be a SEAL. You also must be 28 or less, have normal color perception and meet medical standards. A minimum Armed Service Vocational Aptitude Batter (ASVAPB) score and a clear disciplinary record for 12 months must be had as well. SEALs must be eligible for secret clearance and agree to a 51 months of obligated service. If you meet all the requirements and are selected to be a SEAL, then you begin training.

          The first 9 weeks of training for a SEAL is perhaps the hardest. In the first week alone a SEAL runs 2 miles at an 8 minute pace, 4 sets of 15 push-ups, 4 sets of 20 sit-ups, and 3 sets of 3 pull-ups on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Swimming continuously for 15 minutes for 15 minutes is done 5 days out of the week. As the weeks go on more and more is added on, giving SEALs the strength and endurance they need to perform special missions. Missions that protect Americaand save lives.

          On April 13, 2009 Cpt. Richard Phillips was one such life. He was taken hostage by pirates. To avoid a long stand off and to send a message to other pirates, President Barrak Obama personally approved the SEAL operation to save the Captain. From the fantail of a destroyer a U.S. Navy SEAL Sniper cut down 3 of the 4 pirates. The last one surrendered.

          Captain Rich only survived thanks to the skill and abilities of the SEALs. Their dedication and training allows them to perform operations the average man could not do.

          The SEALs follow a very simple motto that explains more about them then any book or article ever could, “The only easy day was yesterday.”

© 2012 Roger Ferguson II


Author's Note

Roger Ferguson II
please tell me what u think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is really cool and interesting! Thanks for serving our country dude! :) I have wanted to be in the Marines since I was 5 years old, and though it isnt the same, still, it's part of the armed forces, and I admire everyone who fights for America :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Roger Ferguson II

11 Years Ago

well marines are a division of the navy, and as im going to be a corpsman I'll be working very close.. read more
SmileBig :)

11 Years Ago

Ohhh ok cool. And I can't, stupid medical issues! Lol but good luck to you :)



Reviews

This is really cool and interesting! Thanks for serving our country dude! :) I have wanted to be in the Marines since I was 5 years old, and though it isnt the same, still, it's part of the armed forces, and I admire everyone who fights for America :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Roger Ferguson II

11 Years Ago

well marines are a division of the navy, and as im going to be a corpsman I'll be working very close.. read more
SmileBig :)

11 Years Ago

Ohhh ok cool. And I can't, stupid medical issues! Lol but good luck to you :)
navy seals are badass dude.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Roger Ferguson II

11 Years Ago

thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

438 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 1, 2012
Last Updated on August 6, 2012
Tags: navy, seals, report, essay

Author

Roger Ferguson II
Roger Ferguson II

Barberton, OH



About
Name: Roger Wayne Ferguson II I am 19 years old and enlisted in the united states Navy. I love to read and write, though i havent wrote in a while. my hand is itching to create so hopefully i have so.. more..

Writing